Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Have you made your mind up about who you are voting for, for President?

Posted by   + Show Post

Share if you want and the reasons that caused you to choose this candidate.

I went with Obama last time but I am going to go with Romney this time for the simple reason that I am tired of struggling financially the way I have been doing the past 5 yrs. Its not gotten any better for us.

I just don't trust Obama anymore to do the job.

Also,  YES this has been a very hard decision to make this time because I have reservations about both of them. I just had to narrow down the list to the best one. I spent a long time on my list too!

Please no nastiness on this post. Adult conversations and opinions wanted here!

by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM
5 moms liked this

I respect everyone's right to choose. I came to my decision by looking at the 2 approaches to government.  One is a large government that runs health care (which has historically been a private or state run function), promotes spending money that none of us has for stuff we do not even want, has discussed taking control of individual property for redistribution, and increased taxes and regulations on companies to the point they cannot create new jobs.  I want to be able to retire one day.  I do not want to rely on government to give me food stamps, provide and make decisions about my health care, take what little I do have to redistribute, and create unnecessary regulations that kills small businesses, forces price increases and invest in junk I do not even want.  I just want a smaller federal givernment that provides for national defense.  The state governments should be allowed to govern the states - that is why we have them.  I want job growth and I believe that will come from a smaller federal government and letting us the people make our owe decisions on how we choose to live.  I am proudly voting for Mr. Romney.  As I said, I respect everyone right to chose - this is just me wanting to keep our individual rights and create jobs. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Am voting for obama & DH is not :(

Bellantoni
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 4:45 AM
2 moms liked this

So I am voting for President Obama because he is one of the best presidents our country has ever had. I feel he has accomplished a lot more than I thought was possible. Obamacare is just a genius idea and I am amazed that he was able to have it pass so quickly. Plus getting out of  Irak and the refinancing made easier are just two more of the great things he accomplished, oh and let's not forget the Wall Street regulations deal.

He is the man. And by the way I am mormon and so is my husband and he is voting for Obama. Do not think that all mormons are voting for Romney. Actually our church encourages us to vote and no it doesn't tell us who to vote for.

May the best one win!

Bellantoni
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 5:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Maddie, I have heard this so many times that the Republicans are for less government intervention and the Democrats for more. However when it comes to the reality, what I notice is that both spend as much and want as many rules but in different areas. One will spend more in wars and areas where big investors/owners of oil or related companies will make more profits and the other type of government spends more on social programs and education. As regards to bussinesses, the Democrats do actually a better jobs at helping small to medium enterprises and I urge you to research the data from the past that will show you that our country does actually better financially when we have a Democrat president than when we have a Republican one. Yes, we have less money in our wallet but I strongly believe that we would have even less if a Republican president had been elected after President Bush.

And I agree with you that it is important to respect other people's opinions, thanks for sharing!

rosebud727
by Rose on Oct. 27, 2012 at 6:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so not thrilled with the state of our country. I didn't want the current president but voted last time for him because he was the lesser of two evils so to speak. I wanted Hilary!

And I will vote for him again because I'm not thrilled again with Romney.

Actually, I'm just not happy with who is running for office lately because they both do/say things I do not agree with or want. It's just whose list of of things I don't want is larger, ya know?

robin7771
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I have listen and watch each of them closely and do see that Romney is for the rich and Obama is playing the field . It will be a very hard choice and I wish one of them with at least sim solid. You know that feeling is you are in trouble with either one of them.  So I will hope and pray on this some more.

lancet98
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I have had people insulting me and hassling me  my choice quite long enough, thanks, lol.   I've been alive a long time and this is the worst election I've ever experienced.   The mission of the grand old party has been a thinly disguised smear campaign for one purpose and one only since the start.

teaching1972
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I learned a long time ago not to discuss religion or politics with friends if I wanted to keep them as friends.  I will vote on Elections Day.  My parents taught me that if you don't vote you can't complain if you don't like the way things are going.  What I really wish is that we had more statesmen, people who truly cared about the country, and less politicans, people who only work to get re-elected.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Haven't really decided yet! This is one very hard election for me. It has made for some great discussion with my kids (young adults). My son has already sent in his absentee ballot, the rest of us will vote on election day. Guess I'll just be doing some more reading and thinking over the next week or so!

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:20 AM
2 moms liked this

I will be voting but I am one of the undecided.  The president is not the cause of the problems this country is facing.  The real power is congress.  Congress has stopped actually working for the good of this country and are only interested in their own agenda and making themselves rich.  If the republicans take over, the rich will get richer and the rest of the country will get pushed closer to rebellion.  The violence that is happening in the rest of the world will be coming here and when it starts, it won't be pretty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN