Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heads - Up

robin7771
Today at 5:38 PM
Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

Tis the season to buy! Beware My son is 19 and went shopping just before going to the movies. They went to Wal-Mart . He went into the check out line to buy a coke. Price should be a dollar 36 cents. He gave his debit card trans action. He did not get paper receipt. Yesterday he checked his account and found that Wal-Mart charged him for One hundred thirty-six dollars and some cents. He thought he was screwed. Hubby went with him to Wal-mart and first they started with the excuse game. Hubby being aware of program glitches told manager to look transaction up in the computer. They wanted to keep money of son and so they gave cash back to him at store. Now if you know what they pulled with excuses of new employee, he payed for next person in lines grocery etc. Don't take no with Wal-mart . Do be civil and remember from this It is better to pay with cash or check. Computers do have glitches. Hope no one else has this happen. Robin

Have anyone else have this happen?

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Yikes! I always check my reciepts thankfully and have never come across this.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:35 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Wow scary!
Glad your DH went with ds though & it basically worked out.
Not had it happen to me but if it does you bet I will let them know.

Thanks for the heads up :)

drumomma
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I definitely never leave the line with out a receipt. I have been known to hold the line up because the cashier for whatever didn't give me my receipt.

gmadiane
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I always get a receipt and I watch as the cashier rings up 

nana9106
by Darlene on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:37 PM

YIKES!! I always get the reciept,. Thank goodness your DH was able to get his money back

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Never happened to me. I try not to use my debit card for little things.  I always watch the total and it will ask you again if $xxx.xx is okay.

Glad he was able to get his money back!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Yikes, thanks for the warning.  Glad he got his money back.

CoeyG
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM

As soon as the Christmas musci goes on I don't go into Wal Maart unless I absolutely have to...which I don't.  I refuse to enter stores who begin their Christmas slaes before Halloween.  Last week was my last time in Wal Mart until after the first of the year.  Wile I stood in line waiting fro my scripts I heard "Siglent night" I turned to the guy behind me and asked..."Did I miss Thanksgiving?"

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:47 PM

We had it happen. We were at Checkers and did not get a reciept. When I asked the cashier she said she threw it away. I said, well you just did it so get it. she couldn't. bull..I asked for another to be printed and was told it could not be. dh said forget it. The next day I checked the bank! OMG our $22.27 meal COST US $222.70 , took 2 managers and over a week to get my money back!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)