Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Best. DIL. Ever!

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

This morning when I checked my email there was one from my DIL who suggested that she provide the veggies, stuffing,  cookies,  fruit and veggies trays, for Thanksgiving, so all I would have to do is the turkey and ham, cran sauce.  So I said well yeah!  And that it would be easy for me to get fresh veggies and buy a dip for them, so they didn't have to provide that. And I'll buy rolls.  My other DIL is bringing dessert, but I'll make a small traditional dessert also. And I already bought whipped cream. Anyway, to not have to think about so much was a great relief. I don't mind doing it, but I get anxious, since I know I am not a good cook. This way I can concentrate on getting the house cleaned and set up for the family.  (10 adults, 5 children) 

I was out for most of the day, and when I checked my email after I got home, she said how about if she also picks up a cooked ham and turkey, and all we'll need to do is reheat everthing, and I'll provide the fixings for the pineapple dressing, which she'll make here. Things seem so much easier now. It is so thoughtful of her!

*happy dance*

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

That was very nice of her.

Rileyscute
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Awesome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think I've ever seen "best DIL ever" strung together on this site before. wink

caro100
by Carol on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Sounds great.  This is actually going to be my first real Thanksgiving, because we have always gone to the MIL's house.  I am cooking black friday for lunch.  I'm off, but most everyone else works.  

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Super cool!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Awww yes a real keeper then :)

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Good for you.

nybor48
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I'd be doing the happy dance too... that's great... 

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM
My MIL adores me if I do say so myself. I adore my MIL too.

Quoting Maevelyn:

I don't think I've ever seen "best DIL ever" strung together on this site before. wink

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maevelyn
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

yes but that's not normally what people advertise on CM lol. I'm glad you get along. I love my SO mom and I get along with my ex's mom better now than before (I think because she knows she can't control me anymore. I would let her walk all over me to keep the peace in my marriage. No marriage and suddenly we have peace kwim?)

Quoting atlmom2:

My MIL adores me if I do say so myself. I adore my MIL too.

Quoting Maevelyn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)