Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

It sat there for 3 hours and your going to whine about it? (work vent)

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:11 AM
  • 11 Replies

Ugh, it was one of those nights at work when you wished like hell you called in sick withing the first hour of being there. Saturday night somebody left a pizza box on a table in the staff dining room, it sat there for a little over 3 hours at which time I was gathering the buildings garbage for the night. Naturally, I threw the pizza box with it's 2 dried out slices of pizza in the trash. Food left out = bugs, not something we want in a health care facility. I get to work tonight and the NS says why did you throw that food and Pepsi out last night. I looked at her and said "what? are you serious?" Apparently the owner of the pizza (there was no Pepsi there) whined that I threw it out on her. You want your damn leftovers, put the frickin things away, you damn whine ass! I am doing my damn job, get over it. On top of getting waylaid with that stupid little drama I swear I was paged ever freaking half hour during the entire 8 hours I was there, The aides on one of the wings were an over hour late getting the residents on that wing out of the dining room so I could clean it.  That puts me behind schedule and makes it impossible for me to do certain things that should be done (like running the floor scrubber through the entire building) but aren't vital. So the hall floors look like shit tonight, I have a head ache, and feel like smacking the crap out of someone. any volunteers? LOL

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I'm sorry Lisa.  What a pain that sounds like.  I can't believe they complained about the pizza.  Really????   Why don't they act like an adult and put their crap away?  Hope you didn't get in trouble about it.   Today will be better!!  I hope!!    :)

Shellness
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Bless your heart! You made me laugh with all the cussing though, lol. I'm sorry you have such a night!! Buttheads! Want me to come whip their butts for ya??

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't get into trouble over throwing out the pizza, the NS sounded just as annoyed with the situation as I was but to cover her own butt, she had to say something, which I understand and don't hold against her.

Today will definitely be better, I have the day off LOL.

Quoting louannwilkins:

I'm sorry Lisa.  What a pain that sounds like.  I can't believe they complained about the pizza.  Really????   Why don't they act like an adult and put their crap away?  Hope you didn't get in trouble about it.   Today will be better!!  I hope!!    :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM

LOL I tend to swear a bit when greatly aggrivated. No need for any butt kicking, I have had a few good hours of sleep and decided that I will just play the silly game of page the owner of object "X"  to see if they still want it untill I drive them nuts and they leave me alone to do my job the way I am suposed to. Kill them with kindness heehee.

Quoting Shellness:

Bless your heart! You made me laugh with all the cussing though, lol. I'm sorry you have such a night!! Buttheads! Want me to come whip their butts for ya??

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM

AHH I like ur way to see if they want their stuff., But come on their adults, put your crap away, ur not their mama!

My oldest daughter is a nurse and she works with cna's. When they made her night supervisor of the midnight shift, she quickly found out which ones hid and slept! So she would do just what u said, she would page them in what ever area she thought they were in, calling their name, and when they answered, she would say, oh nothing, just seeing where u were. Then she had a meeting, and said,  I don't sleep, U don't sleep. They don't pay us to sleep, these ppl are here because they need us to take care of them. We can work together  or not, it's your choice.  ;)

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Yeah, sorry but if the food is left for hours, you obviously didn't want it. I'd have thrown it out as well.

CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Next time leave the pizza out and when that person comes back for it shove it down her throat, then throw the box away

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Oh dear, so sorry, that sounds like a really crappy day at work.  Glad it is over, and hope the rest of the week is better. 

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM

LOL!  Noooo,  not volunteering.

That is disgusting about the pizza. Food shouldn't be eaten after sitting out for that long anyway.  You did the right thing.  Take a warm shower or bath and massage your head, close your eyes and try to relax.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:19 PM

OK Between you and Coey - I amnot sure who has made me laugh harder.  You know you are right about the pizza - Look at it this way - the week should go up from here!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN