Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today...Monday?

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us.....

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM

you've had a busy day!!  peanut butter and jelly....still one of my favs!!  Hope you enjoy resting.   :)

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Christmas shopping!  Target had a couple things the grandkids had ask for on sale so rode over there and picked them up and also got a few things that weren't on my list.  Then came home peanut butter and jelly sandwiche for lunch with TJ,now just doing s few things on line. Laundry is started,dishes are put away,floor swept and vacumed.  Now I'm setting on my butt!

nana9106
by Darlene on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM

It must be in the air today! It has been a day from hell here too...

Quoting louannwilkins:

Don't work too hard Darlene.  My day has been a day from hell!!  LOL  Typical Monday!  lol    :)

Quoting nana9106:

wORK

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM

OK Darlene...I'm gonna be positive.  The rest of this week is going to be easy for us!!  Right?   :)

Quoting nana9106:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Don't work too hard Darlene.  My day has been a day from hell!!  LOL  Typical Monday!  lol    :)

Quoting nana9106:

wORK

nana9106
by Darlene on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha!! OK I'll play...surrrre its gonna be ummm easy. I know Thursday and Friday will be at least
:-)
LMAO

Quoting louannwilkins:

OK Darlene...I'm gonna be positive.  The rest of this week is going to be easy for us!!  Right?   :)

Quoting nana9106:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting nana9106:

wORK

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Groceries, doing some organizing for Thanksgiving,  cleaning off my desk, sort of.

campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:55 PM
I am on vacation this week. Got my hair dyed. Went to curves. Went to walmart for a microwave.
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow - reading what YOU did today made ME tired! lol.

WB actually wasn't too bad today.  Started off early with a meeting with her to go over the fundraiser stuff.  kept her updated as best I could throughout the day.  Sent about a dozen emails early on, then followed up with phone calls.  Only ONE called me back. Frustrating to say the least.  we are getting down to the wire!  but I do the best I can and I think she realizes some of these things are out of my hands. I think the key with her is the constant feedback.  I need to let her know.  You know how it is - the "not knowing" can drive you nuts, and that's where she is.

About the relationship thing - married twice/divorced twice, then a 7 year relationship - he died, followed by a 3 year relationship - and he broke it off in 2008.  That was the final straw for me.  And I decided I'm not going to put my heart out there like that anymore.  But even the FWB thing doesn't seem to be working - so like I said, 3 strikes - I'm out - at least for now.  At least I didn't throw my heart into any of those "relationships".   But the Karen Carpenter tune, "I know I need to be in love" keeps playing in my head ... " I used to say no promises, let's keep it simple ... But freedom only helps you say goodbye...I'm wide awake at four a.m.  Without a friend in sight  Hanging on a hope but I'm all right".   Really, I'm okay.  Just kind of wondering what is going on, that's all.

Quoting louannwilkins:

I hope you have a great week Ronna!  Maybe the wb will surprise us all and act decent!  lol  Sorry about Jeff....I was hoping things would work out for you the way you wanted them to.  If you don't mind me asking why aren't you into having a relationship?  I mean, theres NOTHING wrong with not wanting one.   Just curious.  I'd give anything to find a decent guy who didn't have 2 or 3 tractor trailer loads of baggage.  lol  I know we all have some but some of these guys now....wow....lol  I've been beyond swamped today.  I cleaned 2 houses and then came to Lornas to pet sit again for 1 night.  I had to go to Honey baked ham for her, the dry cleaners, 3 different grocery stores and to the pet store.  Now...my tongue is hanging out!!  AND I've still got some cleaning here to do.  I have no idea where I'll get the energy!  lol  Hang in there!!   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Well, weekend is over.  I did my weekend typing but only Saturday because they ran out of work.  Had made plans to meet up with Jeff Saturday evening - after work I had to run to the grocery store.  While I was at the store, about an hour before we planned to meet, he called me.  He called to say that he is turning his life over to Christ and was getting baptized Sunday.  I appreciate that but I am not there in my life.  So we ended up going to dinner and then I came home.   What is wrong with me? lol.  First Lance, deciding on abstinence out of the clear blue after we had dated nearly a year.  And then Brian going all MIA on me.  And now Jeff.  Three strikes - that means I'm out, right?   I don't want a committed relationship with any guy in my life right now but I guess having a "friend with benefits" (FWB) is asking too much.  I don't get it.  I thought most guys were into stuff like that.  Guess I am wrong.  oh well.  It Is What It Is. 

yesterday I rearranged my living room and vacuumed and dusted to boot.  Wow.  I guess without a steady FWB in my life I have time to be domestic ... lol.

Anyway, it's Monday.  Doing my early morning work now.  It's a short week - we are having Thanksgiving potluck at the office on Wednesday so I'll be busy Tuesday night and then of course I'm preparing everything but the turkey on Thursday for our family get together.  I'm looking forward to the long weekend coming up - the fundraiser is coming up on December 1 so it's getting down to crunch time and I KNOW the WB is going to be wound up tight the next two weeks.  She's nearly over the edge now!  lol.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM

LOL Hope you have a good night!   :)

Quoting Bmat:

Groceries, doing some organizing for Thanksgiving,  cleaning off my desk, sort of.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a good day!   :)

Quoting campingmomof4:

I am on vacation this week. Got my hair dyed. Went to curves. Went to walmart for a microwave.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I'm sorry about all you've been through.  I completely understand about putting your heart out there.  Hang in there.  Something will surely come along.  Me...I just do nothing about it.  lol  Go to work, go home, hang ouit with friends but don't really try to find anyone.  It does get very lonesome but......I'll live!   :)

Glad she wasn't too bad today!  

Quoting suzeebloch:

Wow - reading what YOU did today made ME tired! lol.

WB actually wasn't too bad today.  Started off early with a meeting with her to go over the fundraiser stuff.  kept her updated as best I could throughout the day.  Sent about a dozen emails early on, then followed up with phone calls.  Only ONE called me back. Frustrating to say the least.  we are getting down to the wire!  but I do the best I can and I think she realizes some of these things are out of my hands. I think the key with her is the constant feedback.  I need to let her know.  You know how it is - the "not knowing" can drive you nuts, and that's where she is.

About the relationship thing - married twice/divorced twice, then a 7 year relationship - he died, followed by a 3 year relationship - and he broke it off in 2008.  That was the final straw for me.  And I decided I'm not going to put my heart out there like that anymore.  But even the FWB thing doesn't seem to be working - so like I said, 3 strikes - I'm out - at least for now.  At least I didn't throw my heart into any of those "relationships".   But the Karen Carpenter tune, "I know I need to be in love" keeps playing in my head ... " I used to say no promises, let's keep it simple ... But freedom only helps you say goodbye...I'm wide awake at four a.m.  Without a friend in sight  Hanging on a hope but I'm all right".   Really, I'm okay.  Just kind of wondering what is going on, that's all.

Quoting louannwilkins:

I hope you have a great week Ronna!  Maybe the wb will surprise us all and act decent!  lol  Sorry about Jeff....I was hoping things would work out for you the way you wanted them to.  If you don't mind me asking why aren't you into having a relationship?  I mean, theres NOTHING wrong with not wanting one.   Just curious.  I'd give anything to find a decent guy who didn't have 2 or 3 tractor trailer loads of baggage.  lol  I know we all have some but some of these guys now....wow....lol  I've been beyond swamped today.  I cleaned 2 houses and then came to Lornas to pet sit again for 1 night.  I had to go to Honey baked ham for her, the dry cleaners, 3 different grocery stores and to the pet store.  Now...my tongue is hanging out!!  AND I've still got some cleaning here to do.  I have no idea where I'll get the energy!  lol  Hang in there!!   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Well, weekend is over.  I did my weekend typing but only Saturday because they ran out of work.  Had made plans to meet up with Jeff Saturday evening - after work I had to run to the grocery store.  While I was at the store, about an hour before we planned to meet, he called me.  He called to say that he is turning his life over to Christ and was getting baptized Sunday.  I appreciate that but I am not there in my life.  So we ended up going to dinner and then I came home.   What is wrong with me? lol.  First Lance, deciding on abstinence out of the clear blue after we had dated nearly a year.  And then Brian going all MIA on me.  And now Jeff.  Three strikes - that means I'm out, right?   I don't want a committed relationship with any guy in my life right now but I guess having a "friend with benefits" (FWB) is asking too much.  I don't get it.  I thought most guys were into stuff like that.  Guess I am wrong.  oh well.  It Is What It Is. 

yesterday I rearranged my living room and vacuumed and dusted to boot.  Wow.  I guess without a steady FWB in my life I have time to be domestic ... lol.

Anyway, it's Monday.  Doing my early morning work now.  It's a short week - we are having Thanksgiving potluck at the office on Wednesday so I'll be busy Tuesday night and then of course I'm preparing everything but the turkey on Thursday for our family get together.  I'm looking forward to the long weekend coming up - the fundraiser is coming up on December 1 so it's getting down to crunch time and I KNOW the WB is going to be wound up tight the next two weeks.  She's nearly over the edge now!  lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)