Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What is your favorite Italian dish or dishes?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Ohhh,this could be a very long list. But my very most favorites are my homemade lasagna,spaghetti with meat sauce,chicken parmesan,baked penne pasta with sweet italin sausage and provel cheese melted on top.And of course Pizza!!

CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Meat lazagna

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM

My Italian grandmother's recipe for ravioli with homemade tomato sauce. My parents used to make this every Chistmas eve, and we would have it for Christmas dinner.  Mom  would make the filling of meat, squash, spinach and spices, and also the tomato sauce, started with pork or chicken neckbones, and stewed all day.  Dad would make the pasta, and we girls would help him make the ravioli on the kitchen table.  It is very rich, and the best pasta dish in the whole world.  If a restaurant served this dish, foks would line up  around the block to get in to have some of this ravioli.  Gosh, my mouth is watering thinking about it.   

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Eggplant parmesan.  garlic bread.

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:55 PM

My sister makes the most delicious antipasto,  she has moved across the country, though, so I never get it anymore.

caro100
by Carol on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:19 PM

pasta carbonarra is really good I also like spanokopita

suesues
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:18 PM

baked ziti and chicken parm

rosebud727
by Rose on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I make a lot of Italian food because my dad is Italian and a lot of recipes were passed down to me.

A few of my favorites are Eggplant Parmesan, which I just made the other night. I bake the eggplant instead of fry it.

Another that I make around the holidays is stuffed shells.

For an everyday meal sausage in peppers floating in red sauce.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Minestrone Soup - Love it.  The recipe has tons of oregano and that is something I can grow and dry.  It has become the 'day after the holiday' favorite in my house - easy, light and filling. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)