Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Your Family at Thanksgiving

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:00 AM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

We are avoiding the family drama this year. The only people coming to our house for dinner are our children, their SO's, and our youngest daughters boyfriends parents and sisters. 

It "should" be a great time. Its still sad that our families have these issues but we aren't going to let that stop us from having a loving time with our kids.

So who is going to be at your Thanksgiving table this year?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rileyscute
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:05 AM

My niece is going to her dads (my brother)..so just me and my hubs, daughter and her husband, and my boys

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Just my parents and brother, me, Jessica and her boyfriend.  Ever since Johnny moved to California for college in 2008, it's been a small gathering like this.  We used to have my grandmother (my dad's mom) over until she passed away in 2006. Mom and dad used to invite "rogue" guests over - young Japanese couples my mom knew, but the last 4 years its just been us. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Nobody yay!

I have to work, my house isn't even big enough for us, and my kitchen is too small to make a big meal in.

ladysharon72
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM
We have thanksgiving at my moms house every year. This will be the first year without dad he died 3 weeks ago. I also spend time with my husbands family too. All of my brothers and their wives are coming to moms house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Just the four of us & I can't wait :)

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Just us, our kids and maybe my mom and her ex. My mom is nothing but drama. Her ex is kind of zombie like. We will enjoy our holiday no matter what.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM

We will be with the in-laws this year, they have done so much to help us this year. But my youngest sister is having a fit that we will not be at her house. She doesn't understand that we owe his parents so much for all the help. 

Ellen

nana9106
by Darlene on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM

All of the in-laws :-)

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM

DH took an extra day and we are driving 11 hrs to go to my MIL's. There will be his twin brother and his wife and one sister.  Maybe another sister in law and neice,(not sure) MIL got out of the Hosp last week and is now on Hospice care. :(

My folks are stuck at a Motor Home repair place waiting for their turn to get their new "wheels" fixed! (if they leave they loose their spot!) They have been there for 3 weeks! Started at #15 last week were #11 I talked to my mom yesterday and they were #6!

My oldest dd(whom we were originally going to have Thanksgiving with and the grand kids) got put down to work. My younger dd is going to a friends(she has to work the day before and the day after) my how things change.

Last yr Thanksgiving was supposed to be at my house with all my family. Only my married daughter has seen my home,(younger lives with us) my folks were going to come and my younger sister and her family, 4 days before the big day, my Mom "cancels" the entire plan!  Her dog is sick, and she didn't want to drive 2 &1/2 hrs.(yep that's my loony family) So SHE had Thanksgiving at her house! and said my oldest daughter was going to be there too,(my oldest wasn't even home and didn't even know!) ya moms kinda a control freak. LOL I didn't speak to mom for about 6 mos after that! (a sick dog?) The dog wasn't sick.(and my oldest daughter offered to have my parents ride with them)

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM

My two sons have conflicts with work. My one son still might decide to come but it is unlikely because of the drive for one day. My daughter is coming though.  So far it is just the four of us! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN