Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Your Family at Thanksgiving

Posted by   + Show Post

We are avoiding the family drama this year. The only people coming to our house for dinner are our children, their SO's, and our youngest daughters boyfriends parents and sisters. 

It "should" be a great time. Its still sad that our families have these issues but we aren't going to let that stop us from having a loving time with our kids.

So who is going to be at your Thanksgiving table this year?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Missy5326
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM

22 People.  All family

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM

dh, myself, our two boys and our youngest sons fiance. that's it. Just 5 of us. Our oldest sons gf is not welcome due to drama/lies she has created the last few weeks. We had a family dinner with my oldest, my gd and mom yesterday. For Christmas, dh myself and our oldest will go to my moms. Youngest will be at basic.

No drama queens welcome!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM

The number keeps changing but for sure it will be my daughter, her hubby and their 2 girls, my brother-in-law (my sister is deceased), my niece, her hubby and their 3 kids.  Also invited and on the probably list are my hubby's two brothers and their spouses, his nephew and wife and their two kids.  Oh yes, and my brother-in-laws sister.  A nice big fun bunch to spend Thanksgiving with. 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM

It was to be just me, my husband, and our middle daughter as our oldest is going to do her own family dinner, and my youngest was to travel with the basketball team in college.  So, I was thinking maybe we should just go out to eat.

BUT, my baby just text me saying she's coming home tomorrow....YIPPPEEEE!!!

I'm so happy she'll be home...and now I'll make a yummy meal for us all.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:00 PM

We're having dinner at my MIL's on Wednesday because of LArry having to work Thanksgiving. But it will me,Larry,MIL,two grandkids,my daughter(after I pick her up from work)and my stepdaughter and SIL and maybe his Mom.

Then Thursday I'll probablly have a "left overs dinner".

boy n girlfrom me and mine

EireLass
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM

We are in Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving, sharing it with my daughter and her fiance'.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I'm sorry you are having family difficulties :( 

My son and his wife are going to her family this year.  My youngest dd has to work so my oldest dd, dh and I are going out to a restaurant for a fabulous (and expensive) buffet. 

caro100
by Carol on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM

We are having thanksgiving dinner at lunchtime on black friday.  It will just be the immediate family... My mother, sons and live in adopted son and the oldests girlfriend.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:08 PM

No one, dh is getting two teeth pulled on Wednesday so we got out of having dinner with the in laws. He seems happier about it than I am.   We will make a dinner on Saturday if he is feeling up to it and have a few friends over.

Shellness
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Bless you. I'm sorry about your Dad. I hope your family will be able to reflect on the happy times spent with him. He will be with you all in spirit though.

Quoting ladysharon72:

We have thanksgiving at my moms house every year. This will be the first year without dad he died 3 weeks ago. I also spend time with my husbands family too. All of my brothers and their wives are coming to moms house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN