Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Your Family at Thanksgiving

Posted by   + Show Post

We are avoiding the family drama this year. The only people coming to our house for dinner are our children, their SO's, and our youngest daughters boyfriends parents and sisters. 

It "should" be a great time. Its still sad that our families have these issues but we aren't going to let that stop us from having a loving time with our kids.

So who is going to be at your Thanksgiving table this year?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Shellness
by Michell on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Me too! I'm looking forward to it!

Quoting hugss:

Just the four of us & I can't wait :)

Shellness
by Michell on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM

You are lucky to have them!

Quoting gonecrazi:

We will be with the in-laws this year, they have done so much to help us this year. But my youngest sister is having a fit that we will not be at her house. She doesn't understand that we owe his parents so much for all the help. 

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Both sons and their families,  my MOM (!!! I hope!) and sister,  and maybe my other sister and her husband. I am very blessed. My sons and familes rarely get together, and Mom has been very ill and may still back out. And my other sister and her husband have been poorly too, I never know if they are coming. 

Shellness
by Michell on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My goodness, I got tired just reading what you go through! Bless your heart and I'm so sorry about your MIL. It won't be much of a celebration. I hope you have a peaceful time.

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

DH took an extra day and we are driving 11 hrs to go to my MIL's. There will be his twin brother and his wife and one sister.  Maybe another sister in law and neice,(not sure) MIL got out of the Hosp last week and is now on Hospice care. :(

My folks are stuck at a Motor Home repair place waiting for their turn to get their new "wheels" fixed! (if they leave they loose their spot!) They have been there for 3 weeks! Started at #15 last week were #11 I talked to my mom yesterday and they were #6!

My oldest dd(whom we were originally going to have Thanksgiving with and the grand kids) got put down to work. My younger dd is going to a friends(she has to work the day before and the day after) my how things change.

Last yr Thanksgiving was supposed to be at my house with all my family. Only my married daughter has seen my home,(younger lives with us) my folks were going to come and my younger sister and her family, 4 days before the big day, my Mom "cancels" the entire plan!  Her dog is sick, and she didn't want to drive 2 &1/2 hrs.(yep that's my loony family) So SHE had Thanksgiving at her house! and said my oldest daughter was going to be there too,(my oldest wasn't even home and didn't even know!) ya moms kinda a control freak. LOL I didn't speak to mom for about 6 mos after that! (a sick dog?) The dog wasn't sick.(and my oldest daughter offered to have my parents ride with them)

Shellness
by Michell on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:15 PM

That's too bad about your sons. I hope you can all get together for Christmas.

Quoting LEK19:

My two sons have conflicts with work. My one son still might decide to come but it is unlikely because of the drive for one day. My daughter is coming though.  So far it is just the four of us! 

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

Quoting ladysharon72:

We have thanksgiving at my moms house every year. This will be the first year without dad he died 3 weeks ago. I also spend time with my husbands family too. All of my brothers and their wives are coming to moms house.

Shellness
by Michell on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM

That's really nice :)

Quoting Missy5326:

22 People.  All family

Shellness
by Michell on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Quoting homeskoolmama:

dh, myself, our two boys and our youngest sons fiance. that's it. Just 5 of us. Our oldest sons gf is not welcome due to drama/lies she has created the last few weeks. We had a family dinner with my oldest, my gd and mom yesterday. For Christmas, dh myself and our oldest will go to my moms. Youngest will be at basic.

No drama queens welcome!

Perfect rule!

Shellness
by Michell on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Sounds wonderful!

Quoting mac1940:

The number keeps changing but for sure it will be my daughter, her hubby and their 2 girls, my brother-in-law (my sister is deceased), my niece, her hubby and their 3 kids.  Also invited and on the probably list are my hubby's two brothers and their spouses, his nephew and wife and their two kids.  Oh yes, and my brother-in-laws sister.  A nice big fun bunch to spend Thanksgiving with. 

rosebud727
by Rose on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Not my mother, nor my brothers. We are traveling to my step-mom's house who technically really isn't my step-mom anymore since my father passed away in 2001.

However, she is the one true Grandmother of my daughters, I love her dearly and her new husband.

So we are going there for Thanksgiving because they invited us and my daughters are tickled pink!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)