Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Worried about DD

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

So, DD is in the Navy she is stationed at VA Beach, Va. She is a single mom,and a good one. We are so proud of her. Lately her posts on Facebook have been so sad and depressing. I know this time of year she gets homesick. We are not able to go visit because our sons have school. Just don't know what to do to help, any advice would be helpful.

Ellen

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by Darlene on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:43 AM

A care package always cheers my son up. Homemade cookies, favorite snacks, magizines, Silly string, gag gifts...it doesn't matter what I put in it. He loves to go through all the stuff. Just stuff to let him know I love him. You could always skype too.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
I agree, get a care package out asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Love this idea :)

Quoting nana9106:

A care package always cheers my son up. Homemade cookies, favorite snacks, magizines, Silly string, gag gifts...it doesn't matter what I put in it. He loves to go through all the stuff. Just stuff to let him know I love him. You could always skype too.

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM

phone calls, text, emails, care packages, skype, any way to send encouraging words, do!!

grownsexy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I was about to say send a care package with something that would remind her of you guys time together. Maybe you can send her favorite dessert or something. Make a collage of some famiy photos that you have taken together. Send her a handwritten letter letting her know how much she is missed. If she has a computer you can skype her with your other family members and let everyone say something nice and sweet such as what everybody is thankful for....

I think she will be alright. I hope these are some suggestions that you can use. Have a great holiday.

CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Do you skype?  My daughter and I use it all the time.  It is great just seeing her face.  

jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I think talking to someone is the best way to connect.  Either by phone or skype.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM

a care package or even just a card that says "thinking of you"

caro100
by Carol on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Skyping would be really good.  Leave her an encouraging message on her facebook about how much you love her and are proud of her.  Also, you might even leave some I'm thankful I have such a great daughter, because...

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Call her often to check in.  Sometimes someone just checking in on you means so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)