Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Game day?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

Many people I know play football on Thanksgiving day.  A big family game outside to work up an appetite. Do you? 

I have a friend who goes to the park and they play frisbee golf, others go for a hike and some go to the movies after lunch.

What type of games do you and your children enjoy for the holidays?

american footballcornucopia

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM

We usually do a mid afternoon dinner and the hours before that are spent preparing the feast so mostly we visit and catch up.  After eating everyone is too full to play contact sports or though we should go for a walk or hike, we don't.  Usually we do some card and board game playing and/or watch movies.  It is a truly relaxed and enjoyable day around here on Thanksgiving.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Good for you Dawn!  Our family is to small for any sports really but I think in the past we have gone for walks. Played board games or the kids used to put on skits.

caro100
by Carol on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM

No not ever.  I think it's a good tradition though.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Love games - we are too old for football and all the adult children are girls!  So - we make it a game day in the kitchen. Everyone becomes a cook!  It takes all of us to get the touchdown to the table!  Other than that - we are more of a board game crowd - loads of fun.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM

we usualy just sit around and watch movies untill football comes on. When I was a kid we used to watch the MAcy's parade but my kids nevre got into it like Idid..

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Do you have your movies picked out?

Quoting mac1940:

We usually do a mid afternoon dinner and the hours before that are spent preparing the feast so mostly we visit and catch up.  After eating everyone is too full to play contact sports or though we should go for a walk or hike, we don't.  Usually we do some card and board game playing and/or watch movies.  It is a truly relaxed and enjoyable day around here on Thanksgiving.

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

We are too small for sports, when the boys were little we'd try to do something. We might play frisbee weather permitting.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Good for you Dawn!  Our family is to small for any sports really but I think in the past we have gone for walks. Played board games or the kids used to put on skits.

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I think it is fun for everyone to be physical together, too bad I'm not young/slim/and agile anymore.

Quoting caro100:

No not ever.  I think it's a good tradition though.

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Oh no, everyone knows to stay out of my kitchen! They can wash up when I'm done but I'm the cook. lol

Quoting Maddie24:

Love games - we are too old for football and all the adult children are girls!  So - we make it a game day in the kitchen. Everyone becomes a cook!  It takes all of us to get the touchdown to the table!  Other than that - we are more of a board game crowd - loads of fun.

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:52 PM

The parade was on at our house growing up but I find it boring. Sorry. I don't watch football so it will most likely be movies.

Quoting LadySaphira:

we usualy just sit around and watch movies untill football comes on. When I was a kid we used to watch the MAcy's parade but my kids nevre got into it like Idid..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)