Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

BLACK FRIDAY and Turkey Thursday?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Anybody else crazy enough to be out shopping these days? I usually avoid them like a plague but this year there are a few things we wanted to get the grandkids that are at Wal-Mart for a fantastic price. Mainly a TV we want to get and a few of our local stores are having good sales too and they usually are not very busy.

If we go and its to crazy,Ijust turn around and walk out,or do not even go in the store. I am not going to fight a hundred people just to save a few bucks.

I used to enjoy doing it when I was younger and a bunch of us friends would get together and make a day of it. But now I'd sooner go get a tooth pulled without novocaine.

credit card

boy n girlfrom me and mine

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by Darlene on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM

My DD and I went last year...we had a blast! And got some really great deals. We decided that it will be our yearly thing

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

not my thing...I rather shop when my risk of getting trampled to death is lower

Rileyscute
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

No freaking way!! I heard people are already camping out..(weirdos!!!)

I used to work as a merchandiser for Toys R Us...no way, not ever..nuh uh..will I ever be on the other end..some of those people are crazy!!

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Last year, we didn't go. This year, we need a few things. Deal or not. So, yeah, we're gonna go, but not going crazy to do it!

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I do not do the black friday or late Thanksgiving night shopping thing.   I don't care much for shopping in the first place but am not going to fight crowds of people just to get in a door to do it.  For those you who go, have fun!!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM

LOL, I detest shopping but it sounds a hell of alot better than getting a tooth pulled without Novocaine you masochist you!  I would like to get a new flat screen tv for our Master and I saw a good deal on one at Sears.  So we may go check it out this weekend.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

We walked in a toys R us store after a pre chistmas weekend and everything was every where.  It looked like a tornado went through there.  I could only imagine what Black Friday looks like.

Quoting Rileyscute:

I used to work as a merchandiser for Toys R Us...no way, not ever..nuh uh..will I ever be on the other end..some of those people are crazy!!

Rileyscute
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM
I think the worst was when a woman nearly knocked me off a ladder..I said excuse me (ok I was nasty) ...she said.."when you have children you will understand " that was the year furbies came out..I had people knocking on my car windows when I pulled into work...and my daughter who was 7 at the time was terrified of owning one because she was afraid someone would hurt her for it

Quoting Esmrlda:

We walked in a toys R us store after a pre chistmas weekend and everything was every where.  It looked like a tornado went through there.  I could only imagine what Black Friday looks like.

Quoting Rileyscute:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I don't go out to shop for the holidays. I don't start shopping until the 2nd week of December and I do all of mine online.  I may be insane but I'm not crazy

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I hate crowds - would love a good deal but not worth getting out on a holiday weekend and getting body slammed!  Good luck to those of you willing to fight the crowds!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN