Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Not gonna hold my breath .... UPDATE IN RED

Posted by   + Show Post

Not sure if you remember, but I had put in for Paid Time Off with my former company when I went to California this past summer to be at Johnny's college graduation.  When I went from full time to part time (October 2011) I had at least 40 hours of PTO left to use - but my request was denied by the owner who told me when I went part-time I forfeited any remaining unused PTO.

I got an email from the bookkeeper yesterday:

"Hey Ronna, I show you still have 56 hours PTO, so what *** wants to do is pay you for it in 3 increments on your paychecks at 19hrs and the 3 would be 18 hrs. She is no longer carrying over  PTO.  Thanks and have a great day. If you have any questions, please let me know."

LOL.  too funny.  56 hours?   My calculations showed me at 40 hours WHICH WAS DENIED.  

I'm gonna keep quiet about this (and not hold my breath) but just wait and see what happens on my paychecks. 

So today is payday - I was expecting take-home pay of around $75.   My bank received a deposit of nearly $250.  Hipp Hipp Hurrah!  Merry Christmas to me!  Two more paydays left in the year.  Now I wonder - can they make me pay it back? 

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Oh my .. let us know what happens :)

caro100
by Carol on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM
Yeah I do remember and I remember we all thought your boss was scamming you. I'm going to keep all my fingers and toes crossed that you get that money that you were denied, just in time for chistmas
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Yes, it will be quite nice to get my PTO, especially for the holidays!  I just think it's funny that their bookkeeping system is so bad. 

Johnny just booked his flight home for Christmas - now that he's working, he doesn't get 3 weeks off for the winter break like he did while in college!  He will arrive in KC Saturday evening (Dec 22) and leaves KC Wednesday afternoon (Dec 26).  And ugh.  Not knowing earlier when he could come, he had to wait to book this flight - to the tune of $600!  That's just about what this PTO will pay me before taxes ... lol.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:48 AM

fingers crossed

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:12 AM

BUMP!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Way to go Ronna!!  lol  :)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Glad that you got the first installment.  I'm guessing you will get to keep it and hoping you will.

GaleJ
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Isn't it fun when the corporate left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...especially when it manifests itself in the bank! Happy, Happy!

rosebud727
by Rose on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Yay for you...I hope they keep coming!

KittyGram
by Becky on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Since it was direct deposited into your account, if they try to reverse the transaction, your bank will have to contact you for approval to do it!!!  Just say no!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN