Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Sad Day

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM
  • 15 Replies

When A was first diagnosed with her brain tumors, she was in 6th grade and we lived in another town than the one we live in now. The school nurse was so amazing with her right from the get go. She carried A to our car the day she was diagnosed after collapsing in the hallway at school. When A was able to return to school, she had a wheelchair for A to use whenever she tired out so we wouldn't have to drag hers to school every day. She would sit next to A, hold her hair when she was ill from her chemo and would rub her back when she was lying down. All and all she was an amazing woman whom A thought the world of. She was an unending source of support and encouragement to me when I was still realing from A's diagnosis. She personaly collected $500 from the teachers and staff at the school to help with the expenses of getting A to her Dr. appointments.

Last spring the nurse lost controll of her car, hit a tree and was killed instantly. A and I were both devistated.  Tonight the school is dedicationg a new outdoor classroom in her honor and we really want to go but since I spent wheat money I had on groceries, there is no gas to. 

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:36 PM

What a wonderful woman. How far is it? That would be so nice if you could find a ride.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:18 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Awww so glad there was someone like that in both your lives,
Hope you can manage to go
Hugs to you all .

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I am so sorry, it sounds like the nurse was wonderful.  Is it possible for you to get a ride with someone to attend the ceremony?

caro100
by Carol on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:42 PM

That is sad.  She will know that you are thinking of her anyway.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:10 PM

That is so sad, she sounds like a wonderful woman :(

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
What a nice post if even that's all you're able to do in her memory and honor. Warm thoughts to you and your daughter as I know you'd like to be there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Not far about 20 miles from here. I am starting to feel icky, headache, chills so it is probably for the best that I stay home anyway.

Quoting Esmrlda:

What a wonderful woman. How far is it? That would be so nice if you could find a ride.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

nana9106
by Darlene on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:42 PM

She sounds like an amazing person. I'm so sorry that you won't be able to go. Is there a way you and A can do a written tribute to her and E-mail it to be read at the ceremony?

CoeyG
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I do wish I lived closer to you, I could take you to this event glacly.  A was very lucky to have such a caring woman at the school.  Sad that she can't go honor her, what you should do there at home is have a "moment of silence" 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM

What an awesome lady.  I'm sad you can't go to the dedication but I'm sure she understands. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)