Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I think I stunned him into silence

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:39 PM
  • 30 Replies

I found out today that My son Michael's 17 yr old half sister is 6 months pregnant (it is posted on FB so obviously not meant to be a secret). I sent him a text saying "congrats, your going to be an uncle" and I got back "what?!!!"

He called me about 5 minutes later wondering which one of my girls were pregnant and I had to explain to him for a second time that it was his half sister Liz (by his birth father of course). All he could say was "wow". This coming from a kind who has inherited my sarcasm and smart assedness (yes, I made up a new word). She is due 6 days after his birthday and told him don't be surprised if he has to start sharing his birthday cause that is the way things seem to work in our family. My brother was born on our aunt's birthday, my brother's daughter was born on A's 1 st birthday, and my friend Penny's DD (Lissy)  was born on Roo's first birthday.

Do you or anyone in your family share a birthday with a close friend or other family member?

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:44 PM
My sister was born on my grandma's birthday. I was born on my aunt's birthday. That's it for shared birthdays but my kids are all in June, older two are three days apart; my sister's girls are both in November; 2 days apart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:46 PM
My daughter missed my mothers birthday by 2 hours and 36 minutes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM

My birthday was the same as a great Aunt.  Her name was Bonnie and she married my uncle Leon.  I loved them both a lot!  They lived in Ohio and loved ballroom dancing and bowling.  lol  They won all kinds of trophies for both!  I miss them both dearly.  

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:56 PM

not the same day as my grandaughter was born the day after my birthday...but we are unique in I was born on the 19th of May, and I have a daughter who was born on the 19th of September.  My husband was born on the 8th of October, and we have a daughter born on the 8th of July...my third daughter has her own unique Birthday as she is a leap day baby born on Feb. 29th

CoeyG
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Kinda Sorta...My oldest sister was born 3xactly 12 years and one month from the day I was born.  And her younger sister (they are my half sisters) is exactly ten years and ten days older than I am.  Our youngest just aren't attached to us LOL  She was born way off in August

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:32 PM
My BIL and his dd (my niece), share the same bday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM

no one that I am aware of

amylulu1
by Amy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Not really...I have a cousin who is a couple years younger but he is Jan. 26 & mine is the 27 th. My son's and niece's are 2 days difference
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
butterflymeme
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

The way it works in my family is everyone has their own month but not day. My moms bday is August 17 and middle brothers is July 17, my dads is Aug 30 and my youngest sons is Nov 30th and my little brothers is January 30. My oldest brothers bday is june 24 and my oldest son is May 24.. Me, my nephew and both sil have our own days. I am march 16, Sil #1 is January 1 and SIL #2 is January 27, nephew is Nov 3, but we have a cousin that is exactly 364 days younger.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

My son and my youngest dd share the same birthday, 14 yrs apart. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)