Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Where I have been and other comments : - )

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:20 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hello all,  I haven't been on in a bit my hubby and I took a little alone time at a resort a couple hours from us, quail hollow inn.  It was nice just the 2 of us for four days, we did nothing lol... We swam in the pool, and hung out in our room, did a little shopping, we ate out and a couple of times had room service which was nice. We just needed to get away, we had a great time just talking and laughing, the one day we stayed in our room in our Jammie's all day watched movies ate in, caught up on "us" .... . So we are back home, and tomorrow my older daughter Jess is making dinner... She is excited its her first on her own... We made pies together, I made spritz cookies and snowballs but she is doing the rest, oh her sister will be there .... For support lol, glass of wine in hand she will supervise, she's a goddess NOT a domestic goddess haha... I hope her future husband cooks.  She will however set the table and help Jessie decorate the house..she's great at that, we are to relax, my hubby had two very large steroid injections in his knees this morning so he's not quite up to par but he will be ok. This year it's my husband and I, Jessie and Eric, becca, mom and dad, my brother David, beccas best friend Winnie, her mom is home in Kenya as her mother is not doing well.  Winnie could not go because of school and work, so she is staying with us over the holiday....she is my third daughter : - )   We will have some friends and family stopping by later in the day for coffee and pie. It's going to be a nice day......if I ever get to sleep lol! It will be a blessed day as my Dad is doing 110% better...we are all thankful for his recovery and his health.  

I want to thank everyone for all the kind comments on my post of my beautiful baby nephew.. Stevie is doing great, and mommy and daddy are getting used to this whole deal. They are exhausted but happy exhaustion!! More pics soon.... 

I want to wish everyone here a very happy, blessed and safe thanksgiving ... May our lord be with you all and your families on this thankful day.

Anyone going out shopping... Have fun but please be safe, lots going on out there..be vigilant and again have a good time.

BLESS YOU ALL MY FRIENDS ... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Happy Bargain Hunting : - ) 

cornucopia

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Glad you got some time away and glad to see you back!

busygramma4
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Many blessings to you and yours this Thanksgiving!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Thursday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:54 AM

WElcome back!
So glad you had some alone time .. always nice!
Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Have a great day!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Glad you had a great time!  Happy Thanksgiving to you too :)

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I am glad you had a wonderful time.  Happy Thanksgiving.

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Sounds like a well deserved get a way. Glad you enjoyed it and hope today was a nice relaxing family time. Ours was nice.

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.  Your break sounds wonderful.

caro100
by Carol on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Glad all is well with you.  God bless your family.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)