Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Thursday....Thanksgiving

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:49 AM
  • 42 Replies

come tell us...

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning ladies and Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I hope you all have a stress free, relaxing day.  One full of good times, laughter, good food, family and friends.  I hope mine is that way as well!!  lol

sacdp29
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:02 AM

We are doing the family thing today.  We will be going to my in-laws.  Then my son and his family will be spending the weekend with us (they live about 45 min. away).  I'm so excited.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving!  

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:09 AM

That sounds like a fun day!!  I hope you enjoy it!   Don't eat too much turkey!  lol   :)

Quoting sacdp29:

We are doing the family thing today.  We will be going to my in-laws.  Then my son and his family will be spending the weekend with us (they live about 45 min. away).  I'm so excited.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving!  

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I've been up and at 'em since 4:30 this morning.  (see my post in Random thoughts - lol). 

I made the yum-yum salad last night since it's made of Jello (which vegetarians DONT EAT - my my do I still sound a bit bitter this morning?).  I just took the pumpkin pie "cake" out of the oven - it's baked in a cake pan and in the recipe I used you take one box of yellow cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter and one egg, then smash that in the bottom of a greased cake pan.  Then mix up traditional pumpkin pie - except this uses 2 cans of pumpkin and 2 cans of evaporated milk - so double the amount of pie - but hey!  You can NEVER have TOO MUCH PUMPKIN PIE, am I right or am I right?  And it smells so good!. 

The corn casserole is still in the oven and so are the sweet potatoes.  I think I can take them out any time - I have been waiting for 8 o'clock and that's what time it is now!

I am so looking forward to bringing these goodies over to my parents and having Thanksgiving dinner with them and my daughter and her boyfriend.  I am thankful for my good health, thankful to have my parents and brother and kids all relatively healthy.  I do miss having Johnny at Thanksgiving.  He did text me the other day and asked, "what is a good sweet potato recipe?"  lol.  He was referring to I guess what we call "candied yams" - my mom just dumped a can of yams into a casserole dish, sprinkled on some brown sugar and covered the top with Marshmallows.  Johnny claims he doesn't remember the marshmallows and asked me to "send me your recipe for them".  He also commented "I guess I havent' had them in ... 5 years.  wow." 

Oh and for a surprise today, I'm taking over the ingredients to make your own ice cream in a baggie. This should be fun.  lol.  I am going to INSIST everyone do this.  Just because.   Except now I can't find my baggies.  I bought them the other day and have searched high and low for them.  I need the smaller sandwich baggies.  But I have the rock salt and the half-n-half.  Oh - ooops - I hope my parents have enough ICE.  Okay.  I'll swing by a convenience store on my way over and pick up some sandwich baggies and ice.

GOBBLE GOBBLE Everyone!  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

allforedwards
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Well I have to go and clean this morning. I told her I would cause I didn't think we would have thanksgiving. But we are I'm thankful for that. We haven't had electric and no money for a turkey but some how my husband found some money to get the electric back on and a turkey.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM

We are having Thanksgiving at the lakehouse for a change in venue this year - the weather is supposed to be grand.  Everyone is bringing their dishes and games.  Looking forward to it!  I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy your families!!  Happy Thanksgiving!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM

LOL  Ronna you are on a roll this morning!!  :)

I would be bitter about the vegetarian dig too.  Ugh...such a drama queen. 

The cake sounds good!!  Sweet potatoes...I make a killer casserole with them and you top it with some pecans, butter, flour, brown sugar etc...it's all mixed up and you crumble it on them.  Oh my word!!  You mix the potatoes first with some sugar, milk, vanilla etc...Theres not even any left over.  lol

I hope you have a great day!! If the ice cream turns out right I'm gonna want some details!!  LOL

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Quoting suzeebloch:

I've been up and at 'em since 4:30 this morning.  (see my post in Random thoughts - lol). 

I made the yum-yum salad last night since it's made of Jello (which vegetarians DONT EAT - my my do I still sound a bit bitter this morning?).  I just took the pumpkin pie "cake" out of the oven - it's baked in a cake pan and in the recipe I used you take one box of yellow cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter and one egg, then smash that in the bottom of a greased cake pan.  Then mix up traditional pumpkin pie - except this uses 2 cans of pumpkin and 2 cans of evaporated milk - so double the amount of pie - but hey!  You can NEVER have TOO MUCH PUMPKIN PIE, am I right or am I right?  And it smells so good!. 

The corn casserole is still in the oven and so are the sweet potatoes.  I think I can take them out any time - I have been waiting for 8 o'clock and that's what time it is now!

I am so looking forward to bringing these goodies over to my parents and having Thanksgiving dinner with them and my daughter and her boyfriend.  I am thankful for my good health, thankful to have my parents and brother and kids all relatively healthy.  I do miss having Johnny at Thanksgiving.  He did text me the other day and asked, "what is a good sweet potato recipe?"  lol.  He was referring to I guess what we call "candied yams" - my mom just dumped a can of yams into a casserole dish, sprinkled on some brown sugar and covered the top with Marshmallows.  Johnny claims he doesn't remember the marshmallows and asked me to "send me your recipe for them".  He also commented "I guess I havent' had them in ... 5 years.  wow." 

Oh and for a surprise today, I'm taking over the ingredients to make your own ice cream in a baggie. This should be fun.  lol.  I am going to INSIST everyone do this.  Just because.   Except now I can't find my baggies.  I bought them the other day and have searched high and low for them.  I need the smaller sandwich baggies.  But I have the rock salt and the half-n-half.  Oh - ooops - I hope my parents have enough ICE.  Okay.  I'll swing by a convenience store on my way over and pick up some sandwich baggies and ice.

GOBBLE GOBBLE Everyone!  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Aww...I'm sorry.  I know times are tough right now.  They're not always easy for me either.  Hugs to you.  I'm glad the power is back on and that you have a turkey.  :)

Quoting allforedwards:

Well I have to go and clean this morning. I told her I would cause I didn't think we would have thanksgiving. But we are I'm thankful for that. We haven't had electric and no money for a turkey but some how my husband found some money to get the electric back on and a turkey.

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I am watching the Macy's parade while my son makes dinner.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM
I got up and went to Thanksgiving only sale. Got a crockpot and a Sodastream. Home to veg. Now I have to get ready to go to my soster's in-laws for dinner at 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)