Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

To give thanks

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 11 Replies

I know we all have things to be thankful for, I thought I'd share a few of mine through photo's.  

I'm thankful that, after 22 years of marriage and after raising 3 children, my husband and I still love each other, enjoy each others company, and are still young enough to travel around and have a blast while we enjoy our new found freedom.

I'm thankful for my 3 beautiful daughters.  We sure have a lot of fun when we all get together and I'm thankful that my girls trust they can come to me for advice and trust me to do so.  I'm thankful for the bond all us hormonal women in this family are blessed to  have. 

I'm so thankful for our healthy grand daughter 'Nora Lee' who was born in May and has brought so much joy to our lives.

I'm especially thankful for our five furry kids...While I'll never have five at once again, I love these guys and gals so much.

I am thankful for each of these girls from House of Hope whom I have the priviledge to work with.  I believe in this ministry and it's purpose of helping troubled teen girls and their families reunite and mend the brokenness they've experienced.  It is the most humbling job I've ever had, and I'm thankful God would call me to serve here.

I'm thankful I have this little one every Wednesday for our own Grammy and Nora bonding time.  She's a breath of fresh air.

I'm super thankful for my blessed talent of hairstyling so that on special days such as my daughter's wedding, I can take her hair and mold it from the picture above, and turn it into beautiful bridal hair in the picture below. This talent has saved our family tons of money.  As well as, serve other's by volunteering my services in programs such House of Hope, photo shoots for Breast cancer awareness month and breast cancer survivors along with Locks of Love.

God has given me a lot to be thankful for...

I'd love to see what you're 'thankful for...' photo's too :).

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Such beautiful pics . .all of them!

Am thanksful for my DH, my 2 wonderful sons, my furkids & my friends .. on & off line.
Also thankful for our good health :)

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM

That is fabulous!  It is great that your husband and yourself are young enough to enjoy your new found freedom!! I loved being a Nona at a young age, too.  I am surrounded by young women as well - very special.  Thank you for sharing your photos.  Happy Thanksgiving!!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting hugss:

Such beautiful pics . .all of them!

Am thanksful for my DH, my 2 wonderful sons, my furkids & my friends .. on & off line.
Also thankful for our good health :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Quoting Maddie24:

That is fabulous!  It is great that your husband and yourself are young enough to enjoy your new found freedom!! I loved being a Nona at a young age, too.  I am surrounded by young women as well - very special.  Thank you for sharing your photos.  Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I love that you're called Nona...hadn't heard that one used before. :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:09 AM

beautiful pics!I am thankful for my friends and family

jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Wow, you have a gorgeous family :)   I agree, you have a lot to be thankful for.     My blessings...They are not the best pictures but here goes...

DH, youngest dd (birthday), oldest dd

Son with dd (I don't have a picture on my computer of his wife and 3 sons)

My oldest dd and her 2 children, youngest dd

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Quoting jabs54:

Wow, you have a gorgeous family :)   I agree, you have a lot to be thankful for.     My blessings...They are not the best pictures but here goes...

I LOVED your pictures!!  Thanks for sharing them!  You have a beautiful family and look at all the hair on that little baby!  Precious!  

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving day today.  Will everyone in your family be celebrating at your place?

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Quoting LadySaphira:

beautiful pics!I am thankful for my friends and family

Thank you.  Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving day!

CoeyG
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:48 PM

You can not be old enough to have daughters that age, you don't look even 10 years older than they.  

jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Quoting momma-t42:

Quoting jabs54:

I LOVED your pictures!!  Thanks for sharing them!  You have a beautiful family and look at all the hair on that little baby!  Precious!  

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving day today.  Will everyone in your family be celebrating at your place?

Thank you.  My son and his family went to his wife's side of the family.  My oldest dd is not married to the father of her children anymore so her son Zane went to dinner at his dad's.  My youngest dd had to work so dh and I met my oldest dd and baby Marla at a restaurant.  Next year will be my side of the family's turn and we'll all go to my brothers.  Turned out good because it was very mild today so we put up our outside lights.  Tomorrow it will be cold so I'm glad we had time today to do it.  How was your thanksgiving?  Was all the girls there?

Here's a more recent picture of Marla...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)