Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My Thanksgiving day went well. How about yours?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM
  • 26 Replies

I was blessed with my sons and fheir families being here, and also my Mom and sister. We weren't sure my Mom could make it since she has been so ill and unwilling to go anywhere, and I know the young children make her nervous, but she actually stayed longer than she said she would.  The food that my DIL brought was all perfect.  What a nice day.

How was your day?

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Everything went really,really well today. We even let the 16 y/o drive the last hour. He did good. 

cklamour
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:29 PM
My daughter had to work so she she stayed in MD. It was just my son and I. It was great, after dinner we played on the WII.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM

We had ours yesterday.  We had a little drama with DD and her boyfriend  but all turned out fine and we had a very enjoyable time.I thought everyone was going to pop with all they ate and we still had left overs(YAYYY)lol. 

Today I spent most of it doing some Christmas shopping. I dread to add up all my reciepts. But I don't think I did to bad. 

SRUsarahSC
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM

great!  My mom made my favorite side, I actually did some cooking ( I am totally fine cooking regular dinners...but holiday meals stress me out), baby went to bed at 8, I'm having some wine and being entertained on here while waiting on hubby to finish up some military online training.  No one argued, tried to stab anyone, no custody issues as I have one kid with my husband only...good times!

hugss
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:41 AM

A great day & a wonderful evening here :)

CoeyG
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Sophie and I spent a quiet one.  I've been having sinus trouble so I didn't get to the store yesterday but I did find a turkey burger in the freezer LOL.   So I did turkey burger with tater tots, peas and carrots and cranberry sauce (I buy it when I think about it because I like it other times of the year) Of course I "shared" my bounty with Sophie which she enjoyed.  

I wanted to watch Santa's entry on the pareade this morning becuase I try not to miss it.  I used to watch it with Shannon and then I'd tell her that as soon as he made his appearance he was aware of what every boy and girl was doing and when he got back to the North Pole to get ready for Christmas he would have his list.  

I also wanted to watch the dog show after the Macy's Parade but after I took Sophie outside we curled back up in the chair and I fell bact to  sleep...woke up during the ending of the Hound Group which of course is what I really wanted to see because of the Doxies...I missed it.  So I watched the rest of it and dozed on and off today.  

caro100
by Carol on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I worked, though it was still a nice day.  However, I was going to have my Thanksgiving meal tomorrow at noon,but my son texted me and said his GF's grandmother had moved her to  tomorrow at noon.  Long story short, I guess I'm going to do mine tomorrow night, but he will just miss my dinner because he works in the afternoon.

lisamarie1265
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:18 AM

So glad you had a nice day, ours turned out wonderful as well... We had dinner at my oldest daughters house, it was her and her hubby, my mom and dad, me and my hubby, my brother, my youngest daughter becca and her best friend Winnie who is staying with us over the holiday, she goes back to Toledo Sunday, her mother and sister are in Kenya, Winnie's grandmama is not doing so well, but Winnie couldn't go, work and college.. So I have her, my third daughter ... The food was wonderful, having family and friends drop by later for pie and coffee was so nice, yes it was a blessed day!!!! 

Cher53
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:12 AM

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and the plus was spending the whole day with our Grandson..Have a good day!...Cher53cat

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Our Thanksgiving went very well, too.  I only had one bobble - and that was taking my final load of stuff to my car - I literally tripped and fell - tore my only pair of blue jeans and scraped my knee.  But thankfully the load I was carrying was just my purse and a bag of ice, not the pumpkin pie, or the yum-yum salad in my sole surviving corningware!  My brother's smoked turkey tasted delicious - he used fresh thyme and rosemary to stuff the cavity and had soaked the bird for nearly 2 days in 2 gallons of buttermilk with a whole bunch of other seasonings. The ice-cream surprise didn't go over too well - what was I thinking?  We were all too stuffed to even think about dessert - well, except my dad.  He has a bottomless stomach.  lol.  But we all had a kick out of watching him make the ice cream!  In a sandwich zip-lock baggie I had placed 1 cup of half-n-half, 2 TBS of sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla.  In a gallon-sized zip-lock baggie I had placed about 3/4 cup of coarse salt (I picked up a 3-pound bag of coarse salt at the oriental store for only $1.89).  And then you half fill the salt-containing gallon-sized baggie with ice cubes and put the little baggie in that - then toss the baggies from hand to hand for about 5 minutes.  You end up with a soft-serve concoction in the little baggie.  I gave a "kit" to Jess and her BF to take with them and left the other 3 with mom, dad and my brother.  Kirby said he wanted to make his ice cream later.  Dad said he might turn his into eggnog.  He's been playing around with eggnog recipes lately. 

Johnny texted me around 3;30 and called at 4:30 but I missed all those because my cellphone was in my purse.  He was asking me, last minute, for candied yam advice.  lol.  Jess and my brother took pics of us at the table - I need to remind them to email those to me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)