Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

New to Cafe Mom and not quite getting it yet

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM
  • 23 Replies

Hello. I am brand new to Cafe Nom and know next to nothing about it except everybody seems so very friendly.  I did notice ii it appeared to be geared to moms with children still young and at home, then I saw this group and wanted to try it.  I did post a question I have been asking people for a month and when I asked it on Cafe Mom I got 18 replies by the next day.  Then in today's newspaper, in all the gazillion sales was a picture of it where I was going to go over the weekend.  But the response was so huge from Cafe Mom.  I plan to stay a while until I at least know what I am doing, too bad there isn't a manual.

I thank all of you who have been most gracious to welcome me and you all sound like nice nice people.

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Dixie on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Hi Edlo Welcome to cafemom. We have all kinds of groups with all ages of kids. My name is Dixie. I have been married for twenty nine years and counting. We have one son, aged twenty seven. He hass been married for over three years. We are all buying a house together in Vegas. If you see a post you want to reply to, you click on reply. Then say what you want and click on Add Reply. If you see an answer from someone and you want to say something to that person, you click on quote. You say what you want to and again click on reply. I see that you already know how to post. I belong to a lot of groups. If you go on Mom Confessions, that's where you will see, people that aren't so nice. Welcome to the group and Good Luck. I hope you had a very Happy Thanksgiving.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

hi edio,
Welcome to the group,
We're thrilled to see you here & if we can help in any way .. please let us know :)

CoeyG
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Hello and welcome to the group.  CM has all sorts of groups geard to just about every aspect of Momhood.  There are groups with younger moms, older moms, mom's who are empty nesters.  We have groups geared towards moms of different cultures and religions.  There are groups for moms who cook, and groups for moms who are domestically challenged.  Groups for moms who have pets, groups for young new moms and groups for "old" new moms, groups for grandmothers raising grandchildren, step mom groups there are also groups for moms with chronic illnesses or handicaps.  One thing we all have in common is that at some point in our lives we've been a mom so we all dealt with the issues of being moms and we all share those expierences.  Again I welcome you and enocourage you to check out the many other groups here on CM

lisamarie1265
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Hello, and Welcome to our group, glad your here...this is a wonderful place to be, everyone is supportive and helpful, we have some great conversations, fun games, spirited debates, problem solving and so forth ... You will catch on quick and you will see how nice it is in this group,  we are all here to help,.. So again Welcome and have fun!! hugs

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Good morning, Edlo!  Moms With Adult Kids is the only group I go to now.  I feel I've made many friends here - Hurricane Sandy took out Cafe Mom's servers for about a week and I hadn't realized until then how much I really enjoy being here!  This group is supportive, friendly, and tells it like it is.  Some don't agree with others but hey, it takes all kinds to make the world go around! 

I am looking forward to getting to know you.  Tell us more about you, your kids, etc.  And welcome to our group!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM

welcome to Cafemom and the group. You'll get the hang og things eventualy. I have been a member from almost the very begining and I still get lost sometimes LOL. Especialy when they decide to change something. 

There are groups for pretty much everything here. If you are looking for a group with a particular intrest all you have to do is type a keyword/keywords of something you are interested in and it will bring up a list of groups. Most of the groups here are very friendly. 

nana9106
by Darlene on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Hi and welcome to the group! I'm so glad you are here. This is a great group you are going to love it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
busygramma4
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Hi Welcome to CafeMom I can't say much ore than the other ladies about CM so I won't . so Welcome!

jlsjjsmom
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Welcome to the group, Edlo! I'm fairly new here myself and still learning. It's a much different format than the other parenting forum I go to. I'm Pam, married to dh for 29 1/2 years. Our boys are 22 and 25 and we live in central IL. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Hi Edlo and welcome to cafemom and the group.  You will get the hang of it soon enough.  Join in and start sharing with the rest of us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)