Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

And....................................he's gone....

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:32 PM
  • 30 Replies

Just as I had predicted...  He is just as immature.  He knows how to be a great play buddy, but as a father he really sucks. 

My dd ex.  he was here for two weeks.  that's it. that's all the longer he can "hang out"  even after promising the kids that he was never going to leave them.  gone gone gone.  Oh yeah and telling my dd that "she was gonna get what she deserved"...  because she told him that they should probably go to court and get visitation taken care of if he was planning on going away again.   He decided to tell her that she was going to get what she deserved.  This was in a phone call at 1:30 in the morning.  so she called the cops.  The oldest grandson heard the entire thing.  He told me the next day that he really doesn't like daddy all that much right now.  In fact, the oldest was spening the night with me and hubby on Saturday, while the two younger ones were at home with thier mom, and Daddy came by to Mommys house to say good bye to the kids...  just the younger two, the oldest was left out AGAIN. 

And yes I am involved in my grandkids lives, and yes my dd had kids with this idiot. and yes I will continue to be involved in my gk and dd lives until the day i quit breathing, because I am me, mom & grandma. and because my dd needs the help because the dad is such a freaking loser.  Her life I know, but those babies need to know that they are loved, something daddy is really having a hard time doing, So if I step up to fill that void, Then so be it.  NO matter how bad I want this POS to dissapear and just stay out of the kids lives because all he does is hurt them.  I'm just so sick and tired of it....

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:36 PM

hugs Im sorry he's so dissappointing,  especially to the children. 

CoeyG
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM

No one is telling you not to be involved in the lives of the people you love.  However, you are always putting all the balem on him when your daughter is just as much to blame.  You keep trying to make her faultless and such is not true.  She keeps going back to him or taking him back, and until she stops doing so he will continue what he does.  But you have to stop blaming him for all of it you have to be able to see that she is to blame as well and stop bitching about him and calling him names...Yeah he is a loser so is she because she continues to take him back...She is just as much an idoiot as he is, if not more since she allows him to treat her this way

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I understand taking care of them we have boomarang childern that have childern.

gmadiane
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I'm so sorry 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I'm sorry!!  Hang in there.  I hope it all works out.   :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I am sorry he dissappointed your grandchildren once again.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I am so sorry.  You sound very frustrated and it must be horrible for the children.  Hopefully your daughter will not take him back again.  He sounds very toxic. 

amylulu1
by Amy on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM
How hurtful for the kids. I hope this is the last straw for her. She and the children deserve better. I know you feel helpless, and that's frustrating. They're lucky to have you. *hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM

So sorry for the grandkids.  This is a very tough situation. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Much as I disagree with the WAY Coey says what she says, I agree totally with WHAT she says. Your daughter has got to stop this cycle. Her life and the lives of the kids aren't going to change until SHE changes what SHE'S doing, by allowing him back. And frankly, whether he's there or not, the court should be involved with visitation and especially child support. He's a deadbeat, and he will probably never change, but your daughter allows him to continue to treat them all like shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)