Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you looking forward to in December?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM
  • 50 Replies

family car            happy birthday          happy anniversary

baking               holding ornaments                santa green    christmas tree

happy hanukkah  happy kwanzaa skiingtravel    party

What is something that you are NOT looking forward too?

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM

My son's birthday on the 15th.  The Sinclair open house on the 2nd.  A week off at Christmas.

passionatebren
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Picking up my daughter from college to bring her home for break haven't seen her since we dropped her off in Aug. What I am not looking forward to is Christmas without my mom :(

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM
3 moms liked this

I love it ALL! December is my favorite month of the year. The excitement and anticipation the grandkids have. Taking them to see the lights and Santa Clause and out Christmas PArade. Decorating the house and putting the tree up. Reminescing over some the ornaments that were bought or given for special reasons. The ones that the children make with their little hands.  Baking cookies and making fudge..smacking hubbys hand when he tries to snitch some.lol  Making crafts and decorations for friends and family. The music. The joy! THE PRESENTS!!!!  YEp I'm just a big kid when it comes to Christmas!!  And my blowing candlesis on the 23rd so I get MORE presents.YAYYYY!!!   

The thing I don't look forward too...cleaning up the living room after the grandkids tear into their presents.lol    But ohhh...I just love it!! Going to church on Christmas Eve and the magical feeling of all the candles lit. Hearing the Story of Jesus.singing hyms. Family and friends being close.

sleighsanta greenangelchristmas treekids stockingsanta bluenativityprayingAnd the reason for the season,the celebration of Jesus' birth,is the most important of all. And we make sure the grandkids understand it isn't all about them and what they recieve but what we give to others also.  

boy n girlfrom me and mine

travelbunny
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully a snowy christmas.

jcc6723
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM

SNOW!

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Christmas of course, my gs 4th birthday and not looking forward to dealing with dh's mom.

homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Monday my baby son leaves for the AF, not looking forward to that.

Our oldest son turns 21.

Christmas with my grand daughter, who is 2.

gmadiane
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Hubby's birthday is on the 4th, mine is on the 21st and Christmas of course

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Casey's b-day is the 31st.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

The whole family is going to stay at the Opryland hotel, see the Rockettes and shop!  I am looking forward to keeping my DGD and taking her to see the Christmas sites.  I love the sparkle of the lights and days off from work!  I love having my family close by.  Lots to look forward too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)