Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Secret Santa

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM
  • 36 Replies

So at our Thanksgiving Potluck at the office last week, guess who's name I drew for Secret Santa?!  Yes. That's right.  The Wife Boss.  LMAO.  The first thought that crossed my mind was "How much ARSENIC can I purchase for $20?"  $20 is our limit.  I am very much anti-gift cards.  So many people turn to those instead of putting on their thinking caps and using a little elbow grease.  Here are 2 items I am planning to make for her. 

The first is called Honey Butter Ambrosia.  I subscribe to an AWESOME blog called "One Good Thing" by Jillee.  This looks absolutely scrumptious and I am going to make a small batch first to make sure it turns out right, but I am sure it will.  Doesn't this look scrumptious?  The description says, "1 cup honey, 1 cup cream, 1 cup sugar. bring to boil and boil for 1 minute. Pour over 3 sticks of butter, in the blender and blend. Pour into jars, refrigerate. Serve on toast, bread, or just warm it up and get a straw! Yes, it is THAT yummy!”

honey butter ambrosia

The next thing I'm going to put in her Christmas box is a jar filled with dried Chamomile flowers, so she can make her own tea.  I think I'm going to look for one of those tea spoons or tea balls so she only has to make a cup at a time.  I will put these in a jar.

So far, I will probably have spent $5, maybe $10

So I need some more ideas.  One thing I thought of was making up a jar of epsom salts scented with oil of lavendar.  But I mentioned epsom salts to her once before and she says she doesn't have time to take a long relaxing soaking bath - so I want to come up with something else. 

I want to make sure that the gifts I choose for her have meaning.  They will come from my heart and be crafted by me (for the most part).

Ideas, comments and suggestions are most welcomed!

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM

That is so sweet of you to go to all the trouble of making her a gift.  Anyone is lucky to have you for a secret santa.  Let me know how the honey butter turns out.  Specifically, what texture it is (runny, hard). 

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Ronna - I am impressed. The gift ideas you have are fabulous.  Sorry- I think my craft ideas are long gone!!  Thanks for sharing yours. 

rosebud727
by Rose on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Alright how about a nice tea cup and tea ball to go with the tea flowers?

Or maybe some homemade bread or muffins for the butter?

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I will let you know! 

Quoting jabs54:

That is so sweet of you to go to all the trouble of making her a gift.  Anyone is lucky to have you for a secret santa.  Let me know how the honey butter turns out.  Specifically, what texture it is (runny, hard). 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

thanks.  I just need a few more items ... sometimes my thinking cap works and sometimes it doesn't. 

Quoting Maddie24:

Ronna - I am impressed. The gift ideas you have are fabulous.  Sorry- I think my craft ideas are long gone!!  Thanks for sharing yours. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I like the idea of the homemade bread or muffins!  She has so many coffee mugs at the office I don't know that getting her another one would work ... unless I find something that I could personalize ... hmmm. 

Quoting rosebud727:

rosebud727
by Rose on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I can understand that. I love what you got so far and thanks for including the name of the blog. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

I like the idea of the homemade bread or muffins!  She has so many coffee mugs at the office I don't know that getting her another one would work ... unless I find something that I could personalize ... hmmm. 

Quoting rosebud727:

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

when i first discovered her blog, i felt I had died and gone to heaven!  She has so many awesome ideas!  So now I subscribe to her blog and get nearly daily updates of new ideas, delivered right into my email!

Quoting rosebud727:

I can understand that. I love what you got so far and thanks for including the name of the blog. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Quoting rosebud727:

Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:50 PM

The gifts you have already are so delightful! For something else, perhaps sachets for her drawers.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

They sound like great gifts, I wish I had some suggestins as to what to add.

I love the comment about the arsnic, it made me LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)