Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Microwave Peanut Brittle recipe

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM
  • 18 Replies

I've made this every Christmas since 1997!!!

Microwave Peanut Brittle

1 cup raw peanuts
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1/8 t. salt
1 t. butter
1 t. vanilla
1 t. baking soda

Mix peanuts, sugar, syrup and salt in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Cook 8 minutes on high, stirring after 4 minutes of cooking time.
When done, add butter and vanilla, stirring well. Cook 2 minutes longer and remove from oven. Add soda and stir.
Pour on greased cookie sheet.
When cool, break into pieces.
*If using salted peanuts, omit salt.

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:48 AM

thanks for sharing this!  I have never made peanut brittle before - can you believe that? 

KittyGram
by Becky on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Quoting suzeebloch:

thanks for sharing this!  I have never made peanut brittle before - can you believe that? 

This is a very easy recipe - but a few pieces of advice:  Just make sure that you're prepared for some sticky bowls and spoons.  Make sure to use cooking spray and lots of it on your pan/cookie sheet.  And.... lastly (I've done this) make sure to use baking SODA and not baking POWDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:15 AM

would it help to use greased parchment paper?  I swear I have fallen in love with parchment paper!!!

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting suzeebloch:

This is a very easy recipe - but a few pieces of advice:  Just make sure that you're prepared for some sticky bowls and spoons.  Make sure to use cooking spray and lots of it on your pan/cookie sheet.  And.... lastly (I've done this) make sure to use baking SODA and not baking POWDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I love peanut brittle but have never made it.  Thanks    :)

EireLass
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM

How come raw peanuts?

I love peanut brittle, never made it, but I'm keeping this one!

KittyGram
by Becky on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I don't know, I've never used parchment paper!!!

Let me know if you try it, and how it works!! 

Quoting suzeebloch:

would it help to use greased parchment paper?  I swear I have fallen in love with parchment paper!!!

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting suzeebloch:

nana9106
by Darlene on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:55 AM

YUM! and it sounds so easy!

KittyGram
by Becky on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Not sure why, but they cook during the process of course.

It says at the end that, if using salted peanuts, to omit the salt - I'm not sure if you can find salted RAW peanuts, so I'm thinking you could use already roasted (? ).  Disclaimer:  I haven't tried that!!!! 

Quoting EireLass:

How come raw peanuts?

I love peanut brittle, never made it, but I'm keeping this one!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Looks yummy :)

KittyGram
by Becky on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I should probably clarify this a little - The cookie sheet doesn't end up sticky at all, because of the grease/cooking spray.  However, the bowl that you cook in, and the spoon that you use to stir and then spread onto the pan, those are a sticky mess.  The candy hardens pretty quickly as it cools, so once you empty the bowl onto the cookie sheet, the bowl cools very quickly.  I've found the easiest clean up is to just fill the bowl with hot water, put the spoon in, and let it sit for a few minutes.  Come back to it later, and clean up is easy then.   

Quoting suzeebloch:

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting suzeebloch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)