Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 49 Replies

come tell us....

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Hey all....I'm trying to wake up and get moving.  I'm a little slow this morning and don't really care.  lol   My grandson is coming over to spend about 3 hours with us.  This has been such a good thing since the day after Thanksgiving is the 1st time I've seen him in almost a year.  It's good that his mom finally sees that he deserves to know ALL of his family.  Ugh....what a nightmare this has been.  But...it seeme to be getting better.  Not sure what else.  Hope you're all having a good day!!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Well, today is the fundraiser.  This past week has been very intense and if I can make it until tomorrow I think I'll be okay.  But gotta get through today first.  Still no word from the bosses how they want me to help out today.  I mean, it's a charity fundraiser for The Clinic and I'm the Clinic Coordinator ... but last night after I had gone to bed (at 10:00), got a text from the husband boss asking about names and tickets for the show tonight... I got up, booted up my laptop and forwarded him emails I had sent regarding that. Then at 10:50 my upstairs neighbor decided he needed to VACUUM. OMG. I need to talk to him about that.

I was up at 7:30 this morning.  Now drinking my coffee and seeing if there is any work in the system for my part-time weekend job.  Last weekend there was nothing. 

I am going to be on pins and needles today because of the fundraiser but at least the husband-boss, last night before I left the office at 7, said he feels things are now on auto-pilot.  So I'll try to go with that!  But it's going to be a long day - the doors open at 6:30 tonight, the show starts at 7:30 and then there is a VIP reception dinner after the show at an Indian restaurant.  so I am quite certain I'll be up until at least midnight tonight. 

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Nothing much today but tomorrow is the college's Christmas Open house.  You go, you eat, you smooze and then you leave.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Good luck today Ronna!!!  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you!!!  Be sure to let us know.  It's kind of rude for him to just assume at 10 at night that you'd be up or at home or on the CLOCK!!!  I know you said you're on salary but get real.  I think he's rude too.  lol

Have a good day and try not to stress.    :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Well, today is the fundraiser.  This past week has been very intense and if I can make it until tomorrow I think I'll be okay.  But gotta get through today first.  Still no word from the bosses how they want me to help out today.  I mean, it's a charity fundraiser for The Clinic and I'm the Clinic Coordinator ... but last night after I had gone to bed (at 10:00), got a text from the husband boss asking about names and tickets for the show tonight... I got up, booted up my laptop and forwarded him emails I had sent regarding that. Then at 10:50 my upstairs neighbor decided he needed to VACUUM. OMG. I need to talk to him about that.

I was up at 7:30 this morning.  Now drinking my coffee and seeing if there is any work in the system for my part-time weekend job.  Last weekend there was nothing. 

I am going to be on pins and needles today because of the fundraiser but at least the husband-boss, last night before I left the office at 7, said he feels things are now on auto-pilot.  So I'll try to go with that!  But it's going to be a long day - the doors open at 6:30 tonight, the show starts at 7:30 and then there is a VIP reception dinner after the show at an Indian restaurant.  so I am quite certain I'll be up until at least midnight tonight. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:20 AM

LOL  Hope you enjoy today and the schmoozing tomorrow.  lol   :)

Quoting Why123:

Nothing much today but tomorrow is the college's Christmas Open house.  You go, you eat, you smooze and then you leave.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

The HB I can deal with him.  He's laid back and is "the good cop."   Now if it had been the WB ... >:o)

you know, it ALL boils down to the deilvery.  When I was married, my husband, at the dinner table, would grunt, "GIMME THE SALT."  If he had just asked, "Would you please pass me the salt?"  it would have made all the difference in the world.  Delivery.  I always keep this in mind - it's become second nature to me - and I manage to remain and sound calm, cool and collected even if things are falling apart all around me ... 

Quoting louannwilkins:

Good luck today Ronna!!!  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you!!!  Be sure to let us know.  It's kind of rude for him to just assume at 10 at night that you'd be up or at home or on the CLOCK!!!  I know you said you're on salary but get real.  I think he's rude too.  lol

Have a good day and try not to stress.    :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Leaving soon for a Memorial service for a friends husband.  Tomorrow dh leaves for England for a week for work.  I am going to a scrapbooking open house tomorrow after he leaves. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Wow!  If I were you I'd try to go with dh!!  lol  Hope you have a good day!   :)

Quoting atlmom2:

Leaving soon for a Memorial service for a friends husband.  Tomorrow dh leaves for England for a week for work.  I am going to a scrapbooking open house tomorrow after he leaves. 

terri-553
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Hubby/I bought groceries this moring,Will clean my house Thomas will be here both days,and will go to the gym in the moring if Taylor doesn;t come-will go to Momma;s to pick my desk up,best get movinghave a nice weekend

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Visiting my mom,  cleaning, going to make the chex snack mix later on, wrapping presents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)