Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us....

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
smile357
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Today has been boring to say the least. My hubby worked this morning and my son is crawling out of his skin bored but its too cold to go out anywhere. When my husband works on Sat mornings he sleeps the rest of the day practically. Hopefully tomorrow will be something a little more intertaining and I still have 2 classes worth of work before the end of the semester

smile357
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Hope the fundraiser goes well. I know that planning for suck things is always unnerving.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Well, today is the fundraiser.  This past week has been very intense and if I can make it until tomorrow I think I'll be okay.  But gotta get through today first.  Still no word from the bosses how they want me to help out today.  I mean, it's a charity fundraiser for The Clinic and I'm the Clinic Coordinator ... but last night after I had gone to bed (at 10:00), got a text from the husband boss asking about names and tickets for the show tonight... I got up, booted up my laptop and forwarded him emails I had sent regarding that. Then at 10:50 my upstairs neighbor decided he needed to VACUUM. OMG. I need to talk to him about that.

I was up at 7:30 this morning.  Now drinking my coffee and seeing if there is any work in the system for my part-time weekend job.  Last weekend there was nothing. 

I am going to be on pins and needles today because of the fundraiser but at least the husband-boss, last night before I left the office at 7, said he feels things are now on auto-pilot.  So I'll try to go with that!  But it's going to be a long day - the doors open at 6:30 tonight, the show starts at 7:30 and then there is a VIP reception dinner after the show at an Indian restaurant.  so I am quite certain I'll be up until at least midnight tonight. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM

So I did a little typing this morning - until the work ran out.

Met a new guy today - keep your fingers crossed!  My luck with men isn't so great these days - I'd like to find one with whom I can be myself, be able to have interesting conversations and he has to be good in bed.  lol.

went shopping for something new for tonight's charity concert - everything will be new except my bra. 

Had a McRib sandwich while I had my car washed - have been parking it under a tree and there was bird poop all over my car. 

Only heard from the WB once today - she just wanted to know how many tables did I order? I was in the dressing room and texted her the reply.  Other than that, they've been quiet. 

It's 5:00 now - need to start getting ready for the show -doors and box office open at 6:30 - show at 7:30. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I'm sorry you have been bored.  I definitely can't say the same.  lol  Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.    :)

Quoting smile357:

Today has been boring to say the least. My hubby worked this morning and my son is crawling out of his skin bored but its too cold to go out anywhere. When my husband works on Sat mornings he sleeps the rest of the day practically. Hopefully tomorrow will be something a little more intertaining and I still have 2 classes worth of work before the end of the semester

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM

thank you!  the next one will find me a little bit better prepared - and hopefully with more than a mere 2 months from start to finish!

Quoting smile357:

Hope the fundraiser goes well. I know that planning for suck things is always unnerving.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Well, today is the fundraiser.  This past week has been very intense and if I can make it until tomorrow I think I'll be okay.  But gotta get through today first.  Still no word from the bosses how they want me to help out today.  I mean, it's a charity fundraiser for The Clinic and I'm the Clinic Coordinator ... but last night after I had gone to bed (at 10:00), got a text from the husband boss asking about names and tickets for the show tonight... I got up, booted up my laptop and forwarded him emails I had sent regarding that. Then at 10:50 my upstairs neighbor decided he needed to VACUUM. OMG. I need to talk to him about that.

I was up at 7:30 this morning.  Now drinking my coffee and seeing if there is any work in the system for my part-time weekend job.  Last weekend there was nothing. 

I am going to be on pins and needles today because of the fundraiser but at least the husband-boss, last night before I left the office at 7, said he feels things are now on auto-pilot.  So I'll try to go with that!  But it's going to be a long day - the doors open at 6:30 tonight, the show starts at 7:30 and then there is a VIP reception dinner after the show at an Indian restaurant.  so I am quite certain I'll be up until at least midnight tonight. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Fingers crossed on the new guy.  Be sure to keep us posted.  Glad that she hasn't given you a hard time.  I was worried about that.  Have a good night    :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Met a new guy today - keep your fingers crossed!  My luck with men isn't so great these days - I'd like to find one with whom I can be myself, be able to have interesting conversations and he has to be good in bed.  lol.

went shopping for something new for tonight's charity concert - everything will be new except my bra. 

Had a McRib sandwich while I had my car washed - have been parking it under a tree and there was bird poop all over my car. 

Only heard from the WB once today - she just wanted to know how many tables did I order? I was in the dressing room and texted her the reply.  Other than that, they've been quiet. 

It's 5:00 now - need to start getting ready for the show -doors and box office open at 6:30 - show at 7:30. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Thanks Louann.  He's divorced and has custody of a 15 and a 17 year old.  Not sure if boys or girls though. Last weekend we were supposed to get together but his ex had gallbladder surgery and has no family in town.  I thought it was thoughtful of him to help her like that.  Even though he cancelled on me last weekend that did give me a good vibe.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Fingers crossed on the new guy.  Be sure to keep us posted.  Glad that she hasn't given you a hard time.  I was worried about that.  Have a good night    :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I'm with you Ronna....it would have given me a good vibe too.  Sounds like a decent guy!!  Again....keep us posted on how it goes.  I definitely don't have good luck with men so I just don't look.  lol  Well....I guess I LOOK but I don't look....make sense???    LOL    :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Thanks Louann.  He's divorced and has custody of a 15 and a 17 year old.  Not sure if boys or girls though. Last weekend we were supposed to get together but his ex had gallbladder surgery and has no family in town.  I thought it was thoughtful of him to help her like that.  Even though he cancelled on me last weekend that did give me a good vibe.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting suzeebloch:

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I didn't get around to making it. :(  

Quoting louannwilkins:

I hope you've had a good day.  I love chex mix!!!  :)

Quoting Bmat:

Visiting my mom,  cleaning, going to make the chex snack mix later on, wrapping presents.

passionatebren
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Today was a busy day went a memorial service for a good friend of mines mom. Then had to come home change clothes and go to my daughters youth group meeting a hour away. Tomorrow night is hubby's Christmas party. I have been up since 4am and I am beat but too early for bed lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN