Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us....

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Replies (41-49):
homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:29 AM

hahaa I have two or three really busy days during the week and the rest are pretty laid back. I write ablog and for a magazine so most of my 'doing' is online. I have articles to write, pictures to take and edit, post to make and I do a lot of cooking. It is a food blog and magazine. So...there is always dishes to do as well.

I have cats, dogs, chickens, roosters and young adult sons/ men to take care of . A greenhouse, garden and a little over 3 acres as well as the house.

No rest for the weary. BUT there are days where getting dressed is a lot of work. I have crohn's, lupus, fibromyalgia and other junk.

Quoting jules8289:

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Well...Saturday I cleaned the floors. Did some laundry, wrote out my Christmas cards, made a trip to the store, hauled off a truck load to the dump, went through the storage bldg, did dishes, made 2 pies, talked to my mom, went out for our last "family" dinner together (jesse's treat), watched  a movie on tv, watched a movie last night with the whole family, put away clothes, cleand my bathroom.

I think that's it.

Geez! You out do my running around by 2 or 3 people's worth of runnin. I feel like a slacker. lol

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM

a turkey dinner sounds nice.  Red velvet cheesecake brownies sound even better!!  lol  I hope you have a good day!

Quoting Cindy18:

I took my youngest DS to his merit badge class and then he had to march in a Christmas parade. I was suppose to go to the grocery store but never did.

Today I'm making a turkey dinner. I have the cranberry jello sauce stuff done and the cheesy potatoes in the crockpot. I have to run to the grocery store to get a few things. I'm even going to make Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies for dessert. 

Somewhere in there I wanted to get the Christmas stuff out of the garage, but I may have over extended myself with that.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Glad the fundraiser is behind you!!  That's funny about her sister!!  lol  Glad you got to meet her.  Hope you're able to get some rest today!  Got any plans for where you might spend that 60cents????   LOL   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Oh, it's Sunday!  The day AFTER the fundraiser! Yay!  And I woke up this morning - and now that's behind me! Whew.  Got there around 6, the box office opened at 6:30.  The show was awesome.  However, I was disappointed that half the office staff that said they wanted complimentary tickets DIDN'T SHOW UP.  Grrr.  Oh well.  And then the three of us from The Clinic (it was a charity fundraiser for The Clinic) were invited to dinner afterwards - but the other two begged off the dinner.  Really?  Sheez.  The Clinic attorney, GA is like 27 or so, and the assistant, MM, is 29.  They were both "tired."  LOL.  The dinner was at an Indian restaurant.  The 3 bands and contributors were all there.  We didn't get there until about 10:45.  Two of the bands had 14 members each and so it was decided we all had to mix up seats.  I sat with two members of the feature attraction - and the WB's sister!!!!! OMG.  She is SO OPPOSITE of the WB.  Friendly.  Funny.  Sweet.  Of course, it was just dinner.  She has two kids in college herself so we must be around the same age.  The two band members are college students, so we all had a very nice time chatting!  Dinner was over by midnight and then I came home and was "wired tired" so watched the most recent episode of The Walking Dead, then took an Ambien and crashed.  slept in until 8:30 this morning! 

I need to go to the grocery store today - and the mall.  I bought a new pair of jeans at Penneys yesterday - and they forgot to take the magnetic ink thingy off of them.  GRRR.  And I HATE going to the mall.   I logged in for my weekend work - but there was only one job before they ran out - I earned a whopping 60ยข today.  whoop-ti-doo. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM

sounds like a busy day!!  rest a little today if you can!   :)

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Well...Saturday I cleaned the floors. Did some laundry, wrote out my Christmas cards, made a trip to the store, hauled off a truck load to the dump, went through the storage bldg, did dishes, made 2 pies, talked to my mom, went out for our last "family" dinner together (jesse's treat), watched  a movie on tv, watched a movie last night with the whole family, put away clothes, cleand my bathroom.

I think that's it.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Try to get some rest today....maybe you'll feel better soon.  I hope so.    :)

Quoting jules8289:

Bad night of sleep. Gave in at 5am and got up for cold meds and tea, tidy the kitchen, goofed off online. By 7am or so the rump roast was in the crock pot. Got to the store early to beat the crowds. In the rain of course! Stick a fork in me cause I am done!  Time for meds again and lounging on the couch the rest of the day. Have a wonderful and hopefully dry Sunday everyone!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Tears....yes you will.  OMG do I remember that.  sigh....I think it will be a good thing though or at least I hope so.  Hugs to you!!!

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Today I got up early, fixed pancakes and sausage. Dh and Jesse have both gone to work. Joey is still asleep in the living room on the air mattress., Kt is in his room sleeping. She is here until Wed. She wanted to spend as much time together as possible since he goes to Raleigh tomorrow and ships out Tuesday morning. We will go up and see him off :( I am sure neither of us will be much good, dh is driving. We(KT and I ) will both be in tears I'm sure.

I will fix lunch later and have 5 dozen cookies to bake. 3 dozen have to go in the mail on Monday/tomorrow.

Other than that, I have no idea what is happening :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You've had a busy weekend!  Enjoy the shower today.    :)

Quoting Treymama:

Yesterday I went shopping while Dh took ds to the popcorn ball for cub scouts. Then I did 6 hours worth of laundry and watched Nebraska get the butts kicked. Today I am going to our friends baby shower.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I'm getting a day off. DH has agreed to take care of everything. 10 y/o called it a Princess day. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:30 PM

LOL  Well then enjoy your princess day!  Sounds awesome!    :)

Quoting gonecrazi:

I'm getting a day off. DH has agreed to take care of everything. 10 y/o called it a Princess day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN