Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Don't think I am going to bother.... (update page 4)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM
  • 40 Replies

putting my tree up this year. I completely for got that the middle half does not light up anymore and those dolar store lights never work right for me. What is the sense?

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosebud727
by Rose on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM

The go to Home Depot or Target and spend another dollar or two and get better lights? They really are very inexpensive.

However if you just don't feel like bothering with the tree I understand that.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM

First, I don't think there is such a thing as a middle "HALF."  With that said, Is there anyway to restring or rearrange the lights from the bottom "half" and the top "half" into the middle "half" ?  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM

LOL you are right, that is what happens when I try to do things half asleep..my brain gets all muddled LOL. I meant the middle third and it is a pre lit tree so there is no way of moving the lights.

Quoting suzeebloch:

First, I don't think there is such a thing as a middle "HALF."  With that said, Is there anyway to restring or rearrange the lights from the bottom "half" and the top "half" into the middle "half" ?  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I doubt I'll even have the money for dollar store lights after I pay my rent and electric but will check out Home Depot if I have anything left. 

Quoting rosebud727:

The go to Home Depot or Target and spend another dollar or two and get better lights? They really are very inexpensive.

rosebud727
by Rose on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Oh, sorry mama. Christmas does make the check hard to manage. 

Quoting LadySaphira:

I doubt I'll even have the money for dollar store lights after I pay my rent and electric but will check out Home Depot if I have anything left. 

Quoting rosebud727:

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM

LOL  are you sure you were only "HALF" asleep?  ha ha ha.  I'm sorry about that though.  Once we got our cats, we quit putting up a tree because they were too interested in trying to get at the ornaments.  In 1985, when Jessica was only 5 years old (she's 32 now - WOW she's 32!) we purchased an artificial tree at Ben Franklin for only $10.  We got our cats in spring 2005 and put up our tree that Christmas but not after that.  When I had to let the house go in 2006, I left the tree there  :o(   I have many many fond memories of it, though, all decked out. 

Quoting LadySaphira:

LOL you are right, that is what happens when I try to do things half asleep..my brain gets all muddled LOL. I meant the middle third and it is a pre lit tree so there is no way of moving the lights.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Is it just you? Or do you have kids at home?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM

We still have three kids at home but I am sure they will live through not having a tree this year. They may be a bit disappointed, but they know money is very tight and are all old enough (22,20, and 15) to understand. Roo will probably be the hardest one to convince but he will get it eventually.

Quoting Cindy18:

Is it just you? Or do you have kids at home?

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM

maybe you could get a small prelit tree from somewhere. They are not that expensive. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM

That is what I have now, I want to get a new one but just don't have the money to do it. Hopefully by this time next year, Mark will finally get his disability and we can replace the one we have.

Quoting gonecrazi:

maybe you could get a small prelit tree from somewhere. They are not that expensive. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)