Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Don't think I am going to bother.... (update page 4)

Posted by   + Show Post

putting my tree up this year. I completely for got that the middle half does not light up anymore and those dolar store lights never work right for me. What is the sense?

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I spent a whole day...yes a whole day taking the lights off my formerly prelit tree..some of those wires were tied and the lights are all attached with these circular clips that tore up my hands (I finally started using pliers and scissors) It was a nightmare!! I will never ever have a prelit tree again...ever!!

But anyway..you could maybe cut one out of paper and tape it to the wall?

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I haven't had a tree in several years. I have several large plants, and I deocorate them. No expense, no mess, easy cleanup.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Just don't put it up than. Your right, why bother. Blah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I wondered about the prelit trees, thanks for telling of your experience.

Quoting Rileyscute:

I spent a whole day...yes a whole day taking the lights off my formerly prelit tree..some of those wires were tied and the lights are all attached with these circular clips that tore up my hands (I finally started using pliers and scissors) It was a nightmare!! I will never ever have a prelit tree again...ever!!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Got any spare plants I can borrow? Just don't expect them to be alive when they come back, I have a thumb so brown that I managed to kill an aloe vera plant and from what I hear that is near impossible.

Quoting Bmat:

I haven't had a tree in several years. I have several large plants, and I deocorate them. No expense, no mess, easy cleanup.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM

LOL! I'd be glad to pass some of my plants on. They have gotten so big I hardly have room for them.

Quoting LadySaphira:

Got any spare plants I can borrow? Just don't expect them to be alive when they come back, I have a thumb so brown that I managed to kill an aloe vera plant and from what I hear that is near impossible.

Quoting Bmat:

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM

It's a gorgeous, very full tree...I couldn't see spending the money to buy a new one because the lights wouldn't work. The tree itself is still good..and leaving the lights on, not working..just seems tacky..but..I really am anal.

It does look beautiful, so the struggle was worth it :)

Quoting Bmat:

I wondered about the prelit trees, thanks for telling of your experience.

Quoting Rileyscute:

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Try the thrift stores in your area for some used ones. Ask to be able to plug them in and see if they work first if they don't test them themselves. I have found some good deals there on other Christmas items.

If you don't really enjoy the whole tree thing and no one else is up for doing it with you, then just decorate the way you feel. Put the one thing out that brings you a little joy!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Could you look in a thrift store?  Sorry about that    :(

CoeyG
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I never put a tree up.  Once it's up you then have the hassle of getting it down eventually.  Not worth the work.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)