Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I need Ideas for christmas patterns

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to come up with some Christmas ornaments I can make easy for church. We do a ornament swap every yr. I need some ideas with some cool patterns or some religious patterns.See what you can help me come up with.

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Are these ornaments that a group is making together?   Felt ornaments are always nice, can very easy for all ages, and are enduring.  You can download patterns, or draw and cut out paper patterns of your own design.  You can do Christmas trees, reindeer, stars, bells, Santa shapes, and for religious ones church with a steeple, a cross.  Do two identical layers of felt for each ornament.  They can be hand or machine stitched, or use a good quality glue, such Alene's Tacky Glue to seal the edges together.   If you want more of a 3D look, you can put in some stuffing before you finish sewing or glueing.  You can decorate then with other colours of felt or fabric, sequins and jewels, beads, ribbon or any trim you want.  Attach a fine ribbon or cord for hanging.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hope you get some good ideas,
Not a very crafty person so good luck :)

teaching1972
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:10 AM

For patterns, try typing in FREE COLORING PAGES FOR.....(whatever you are looking for) on your favorite search engine.  I like the felt idea and I usually find lots of patterns for my scrapbooking by using the coloring pages idea.  Good luck!  It sounds like fun.

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I am not very crafty or creative. I love pinterest, it has great ideas for christmas

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I made Tassel Angel ornaments this year.  You can get tassels at your local craft store along with wings and halos.  The way the tassels are made it looks like a head.  I just glued on a set of wings and a halo.  They are really cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)