Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Different, but a nice idea

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 14 Replies
Went to a memorial service and there was a table with a bottle of scotch on it that read "have a shot on Doug".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL....I've always said that when I die, I want wedding cake to be served as I LOVE wedding cake and I want my funeral to be one big fat celebration!  

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Nice!! It very nice and they also asked if anyone wanted to speak. A couple people went up and said a few words.

Quoting momma-t42:

LOL....I've always said that when I die, I want wedding cake to be served as I LOVE wedding cake and I want my funeral to be one big fat celebration!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM

LOL I like it!

CoeyG
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Doug must have been a Scotch drinkier

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Well, it must have been what Doug requested.  lol

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM

My uncle told his daughter and wife that he was going to buy a case of whiskey and when he died he wanted a red checkered tablecloth thrown across the casket and drinks for everyone.  He didn't get the tablecloth but drinks were served.  Members of the VFW club here quite often put money into an envelope and this placed in the safe at the club for members to drop by and have a drink when they die.

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM
After my grandpas funeral there was a meal/reception at the funeral home (I thought it weird..but whatever) it was in the basement, and there was a piano...on top of the piano was a bottle of my granpas favorite canadian windsor..I don't think anyone drank any...but it was there
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

When my BIL passed away all they guys in the family passed around a big bottle of beer and each took a drink.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM

One of my great uncles was Irish and when he passed they did an Irish wake. I was really young then but I remember my Dad saying there was lots of Whiskey and lotsa food. A party honoring his life instead of mourning his death.  I think that would be the way I would want to be remembered. Then everyone crying and moping around.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM
I love the idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)