Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! Venting!!! Pisssed OFFFFFFF!!!! grrrrr

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM
  • 17 Replies

So pissed off right now I could spit!!! Daughter had called me earlier and ask about me taking her to the grocery store since she had gotten her food money today. Then a-hole boyfriend called to see if I could watch TJ for him to go putting in job applications. No to watching the grand son because of LArry and I having buisness to take care of this  morning and errands to run.

To daughter it depended on how I was feeling because of still fighting off this sinus infection and just being totally warn out. She was working until 4:30 so figured it wouldn't be until 6 befor she got home and ready anyway. Takes her over an hour riding the city bus to get home from her job. Well now her ex-job because she got FIRED today!!!  She called me to say this and that she was bringing TJ here with her so she could use my computer and so I could take her to the store.  Telling-no-asking!!  So when she shows up we get into it! Again!

Shes yells at me because I didn't drop what I was doing with my husband to watch my grand son so her dead beat boyfriend could run around for a couple hours with one of his friends...supposedly looking for work.  Then she can't understand why I'm so tired when I don't do anything all day,except set on my ass in front of the computer or the TV!!!!!    

I had told her I would take her to the store so she didn'thave to walk and carry everything back,so just to calm down. NO,she'll walk!  And out the door she went!  Why the hell is it her boyfriend can't go to the store and carry the stuff back?   

And now on top of everything else thats going on,neither of them have a job.Their rent is due in three weeks and utilities the first of next month.  I don't give a damn about him..but my daughter and grandson and future grandchild I do!  And financially I am not able to help them out at all.  

Sorry I've just got so much running through my head right now. Just needed to get it out before my neighbors thought I was a crazy person screaming at the top of my lungs in the back yard for no appparent reason.  

I'm going to be okay! The

little voice in my head told me so! And they don't lie! banging head into wallgoing crazy

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow....that sounds like a lot to deal with.  Did she say why she got fired?  I don't know what to tell you.  You know, once they get grown and screw up they just need to try to figure it out for themselves.  I know you worry about her and the grandson and the unborn one.  I would be worrying a lot too.  But...until they do something to change things theres not a lot you can do except vent away to us.  We're good listeners.  Hugs to you....

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with Louann. You have to relax and let them figure it out. Vent here anytime, you have to have an outlet fir your frustrations.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Ahhhh now dont you feel a hellava lot better?  Things will work out.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

As far as the firing went,shes been working at a McDonalds and when she was filling out the application(I was with her)one of the shift managers told her to just put ,"open availability" because if not the the hiring manager wouldn't even look at the application. But they usually were pretty easy with working woth peoples schedules because daughter explained she had no transportation and would either be walking or taking the bus,either way it would take her at least an hour to get to work and she would rather not work nights because the bus didn't run after 10:30pm. She said that was fine,just explain if and when they called her in for an interview. Which she did and at first they weren't going to hire her because they said she had lied on her application. But she explained what the lady had told her and they confirmed that my daughter wasn't lieing she had been told that.  Well her shift manager and her got off on the wrong foot on all of that so my daughter had started out with a 32+ hour week.  And just because she couldn't make it in by 6am(no buses)and she would of been walking in the dark to get there in time which is almost 5 miles from where they live.  The lady cut her down to 20-25 hours,and then they ended up either calling ehr and saying they didn't need her or were making her come home because they had to many people scheduled.   And today the head guy for their district was there and the store manager(who daughter had never worked under) was telling her to do things that she had never been trained on. He didn't believe her and when she explained how she had only 1 day of training and only on one thing he told her she was lieing,that ALL new employees were trained in every concept of working in back of the house as well as in front!  Well my daughter informed him she had NOT been and she had complained to her hiring and shift manager as well as calling corporate! And her shift manager had informed her thst she was to busy to make sure everyone was trained properly and it was up to my daughter to find someone to train her on all the equipment.  So to say the least..her shift/hiring manager denied all this and my daughter was fired for being rude and lieing.   Well what they don't know,not that it will do any good,is coporate already had other complaints of the samething from other employees that had worked under this lady.  Which won't get my daughters job back but might make them realize their managers need to do their jobs!

And all the rest, I have told my daughter she pretty much on her own with her bills ect. And it her responsibility to make sure her home and son are taken care of. But I just get pissed to the max that her so called boyfriend shows no intention of any kind of commitment or helping her do all this.  I pretty much told her she chose him,so deal with it!  But hes supposedly loves her and wants them to be a family but shes the one busting her butt to make it happen. While he sets on his ass and moans and groans that he can't get hired because hes a ex-felon etc.etc.etc..  There is a place 1/2  mile from here that does wood work and wood flooring that hires ex-cons and works with hem to get their lives together. Well hes to high and mighty for this,plus they make them do their program of rehab,for drugs and alcohol(which he needs) and he refuses to admit he has a problem.

Thanks for listening,I appreciate it.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Wow....that sounds like a lot to deal with.  Did she say why she got fired?  I don't know what to tell you.  You know, once they get grown and screw up they just need to try to figure it out for themselves.  I know you worry about her and the grandson and the unborn one.  I would be worrying a lot too.  But...until they do something to change things theres not a lot you can do except vent away to us.  We're good listeners.  Hugs to you....

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Louann, there is not much you can do but come in here and scream, we won't think your nuts becaue we all are nuts ourselves LOL

Phreska
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

He's a drunk and drug user? He's not fit to be around a kid.  I hope your daughter learns very quickly this is a very bad situation all around.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:42 PM

So sorry that you have to deal with this.  I'm glad you got to rant to your friends here. 

jules8289
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry your going through this! How hard. Why do these kids pull this crap? Like everyone here says just come on in and get if off your chest.. Prayers for you dear.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Frankly if she told me I was going to watch the kid when she got to my place I wouldn't have opend the door.  

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Sorry you are dealing with this. I hope things get better soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN