Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you or don't you??

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM
  • 20 Replies

Cook on Christmas Day, that is?  I don't,  I do get up a little earlier than the rest of the family and make some Sticky Quickies and put a breakfast casserole in the oven.  The rest of the day they get left overs from the big meal I prepared for Christmas Eve dinner.  Ham or prime rib sandwiches on croissants, salads, and a variety of desserts all left overs.  This way I am not stuck in the kitchen and can enjoy the day with the rest of the family.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rileyscute
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I do..

There were a few years though that I made up a huge sandwich tray, and veggie tray and told everyone to fend for themselves..

Now that my daughter is married, I am sure I will never get out of cooking something..she splits the day between our house and her in laws and said she will starve if I don't cook something edible..lol

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I scramble some eggs but that's about it. Everything else I just put out for the buffet.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I like the sandwich and veggie tray idea. I think I'll try that along with soup in the crockpot. Do they get soggy? I guess it would depend on the type of roll.

Quoting Rileyscute:

I do..

There were a few years though that I made up a huge sandwich tray, and veggie tray and told everyone to fend for themselves..

Now that my daughter is married, I am sure I will never get out of cooking something..she splits the day between our house and her in laws and said she will starve if I don't cook something edible..lol

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Usually I'm cooking on Christmas day which I don't mind because its what I've always did. But this year we will be having our big family Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve because of Larry having to work Christmas evening.  So it will be leftovers for Christmas. I think being able to enjoy the day with the family and out of the kitchen will be a nice change.lol

I spend time with them either way but I won't have to be worrying about getting it all done etc.  I also plan on making some sorta brunch,maybe. Just a breakfast casserole and muffins and juice and coffee/hot chocolate. Paper plates and plastic silverware,lol.

Rileyscute
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Oh no..the bread was separate from the meats..and different condiments and cheeses as well..

It was the best...really

Quoting JenniferW67:

I like the sandwich and veggie tray idea. I think I'll try that along with soup in the crockpot. Do they get soggy? I guess it would depend on the type of roll.

Quoting Rileyscute:

I do..

GabbiSue
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:45 PM

yes I do Christmas with my side of family Saturday before Christmas . Then Christmas eve with my in laws .Then Christmas day I cook my girls and their families come  and of coarse my boy still lives at home  we've been doing a big breakfast brunch and then a late dinner.  I bake a ham and make potato salad and pasta salad that's it and some yummy treats .

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

When the kids were younger, we did more running around - different days, different grandparents. Haven't done that in years though. I usually cook a ham. It is a fairly easy dinner to prepare so I am not "in the kitchen" most of the day.

That is a good idea though, having the big meal the day before and eating leftovers the next day! Maybe we will do that one of these Christmases!

PestPatti
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Back in the day, when the boys were younger.  NO I didnt cook on Christmas.   We usually went to my moms.   She usually had lunch meats and salads.  So everyone could pick through out the day

Now that my sons are older, and my mom is dead.  My sons, my daughter in law, the hubby  and my dad have breakfast together.  We do our gift exchange, and chat.   My sons are off on their next adventure, and my dad goes out with my brother.  Me and the hubby fend for ourselves.  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM

It depends on if I have the money to make a big meal or not.  I would love to make feta and bacon stuffed chicken breast, with green beans, Mashed potaoes, and chocolate silk pie and pecan baklava for desert. I can do the green beans and mashed potaotes with no problem but the stuffed chicken and silk pie are a bit out of my budget and I have no clue how to make baklava LOL

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

lol....duh!  I shouldn't assume my family is THAT lazy. I could probably get them to open a roll and make their own sandwich.

Quoting Rileyscute:

Oh no..the bread was separate from the meats..and different condiments and cheeses as well..

It was the best...really

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting Rileyscute:

I do..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN