Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Need opinions (UPDATE)

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM
  • 33 Replies

Next Friday we go and pick up our daughter from college for Christmas break. Well her boyfriend is also at the same college and she is asking if he can come home with her for the whole 4 weeks since he has no family to speak of to spend the holiday's with.. I have no issues with her boyfriend he is a neat kid. I am just not sure if I want him here for the whole 4 weeks. What do you think?

Just wanted to give a update on how this went. Let me just say I have never met a more polite 19 year old in my life. It was no problem having him here for the whole break. We got to see how he really treated our daughter and let me tell you he worships the ground she walks on he would do anything for her.  He and she followed our rules to a tee and even went out of their way to help out, We took them both to their destinations on Sat and were sad to see them both go. My hubby told him your welcome at our house anytime and gave the kid a hug!!! My hubby don't do that with just anyone. Thank you everyone for the opinions!!!!!!!!

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I wouldn't want to have him for 4 wks either. Are they that serious as in marriage? It might put too much pressure on her too unless they are living together.

passionatebren
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM

No they don't live together. They are only Freashmen in college she lives in the doems and him with a friend. I know she doesn't want him to be alone for the holiday's and I get that. However the pressure is on us to say yes or no. I don't want him to be alone either but I'm also not sure about 4 weeks with us!

Quoting Shellness:

I wouldn't want to have him for 4 wks either. Are they that serious as in marriage? It might put too much pressure on her too unless they are living together.

Shellness
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM

No way to bring him back earlier huh?

Quoting passionatebren:

No they don't live together. They are only Freashmen in college she lives in the doems and him with a friend. I know she doesn't want him to be alone for the holiday's and I get that. However the pressure is on us to say yes or no. I don't want him to be alone either but I'm also not sure about 4 weeks with us!

Quoting Shellness:

passionatebren
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM

It's a 5 1/2 hour drive each way hubby only wants to do it once. Get her and take her back and I don't blame him!

Quoting Shellness:

No way to bring him back earlier huh?

Quoting passionatebren:

Quoting Shellness:

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I would say Christmas week and thats it.  Strange that he dosent he have other people in his life?  Was he a foster kid?

passionatebren
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM

His family dynamics are very complicated. The family he does have is very abusive to him. I feel bad for him, but on the other hand I want my daughter to myself for part of those 4 weeks.

Quoting Esmrlda:

I would say Christmas week and thats it.  Strange that he dosent he have other people in his life?  Was he a foster kid?

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM
My dd's boyfriend has spent a week here. 4 weeks is a very long time. Who has he spent holidays with before??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I would say yes then. I mean my dd will be busy with her friends more than me, I am sure.

Quoting passionatebren:

His family dynamics are very complicated. The family he does have is very abusive to him. I feel bad for him, but on the other hand I want my daughter to myself for part of those 4 weeks.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
passionatebren
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM

The majority of her friends are in Nebraska and we are in Colorado. So she will be hanging out at home with myself and her little sister. She does have a obligation to her youth group while she is home and he can't attend the meeting with her. If he had a car this would be a no brainer come up Christmas week and spend the week with us.

Quoting atlmom2:

I would say yes then. I mean my dd will be busy with her friends more than me, I am sure.

Quoting passionatebren:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Just a question..... How long has she known this man? Are you sure that he really doesn't have anyone to spend the holidays with or is this just coming from him?

I'm a sceptic when it comes to teenagers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN