Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • 11 Replies

What does RESPECT mean to you?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

To me it means to value people, honor,  to admire and accept people and things.  I don't really know how to put it into words.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I don't know if I can put it into words either.

Hence, the question.

I'm struggling with this definition....

Quoting louannwilkins:

To me it means to value people, honor,  to admire and accept people and things.  I don't really know how to put it into words.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Well, I have a TON of respect for my parents.  Sadly my dad is gone but I still have my mom.  I love them, value them and their opinions, admire them and all the wonderful things they taught me and I definitely try to always honor them.  That's what I was thinking about when I answered.  I'll be interested to see what others say too.   :)

Quoting Cindy18:

I don't know if I can put it into words either.

Hence, the question.

I'm struggling with this definition....

Quoting louannwilkins:

Shellness
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM

To be treated with love and compassion.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I can't really put it into words very well myself.  Being conciderate of others thoughts, opinions, and feelingsis the best I can do.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Respect to me means, I don't have to say everything I think for ME to feel better about ME....but to work out a difference I may have with another without addressing them.  That is respect.

Respect is protecting yourself from growing bitter when you disagree with another....so you can face another day interacting with them and still be able to smile...

caro100
by Carol on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I think it means that other people value your opinion and make the effort to seek you out for your opinion.  THey also admire you for you good sense.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

To me when I was growing up you were to show respect for your elders,teachers,parents ect..because they were older and new more then us as children.

As I got older respect meant even if peoples ideas and view were different then mine they were allowed to voice them.All people are different rather be their views,color,religion ect. and we all have the right to our space and to express ourselves.

And to respect another person is to hold them in high esteem and value their opinons and feelings.

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Respect, to show honor, not awe but some sort of reverance, to not be rude, I'm not sure how to put it in words either...hold on

OK found this

re·spect  

/riˈspekt/
Noun
A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
Verb
Admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
Synonyms
noun.  regard - esteem - reverence - deference - consideration
verb.  honour - honor - esteem - regard - venerate - revere
DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM

To be shown you are valued for your contributions, and who you are. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)