Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

one thing NOT needed

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM
  • 66 Replies

What is the one thing that you tend to receive over and over that you don't need or want?

My mom gives me velour suits,like a jogging suit, I don't wear them and don't want them. sigh...........

gift

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

After years of listening to my MIL slam down how impersonable it was to give money....she has for years now, sent us 'checks' in the mail.  LOL  We never cash them and she finally got the hint.  I don't want or need your money.  

Last year she asked 'what I wanted' .....I told her that what I would like her to do is the amount of money she has alloted to spend on me, to purchase a gift card, pray about who to give it to, and to walk into a store and bless that person with the gift.  My gosh, she really doesn't care what my thoughts are...and slammed it down that the person could be on drugs.... for pete's sake, that is why I told her to "pray" about it first.  I mean she and my FIL are both pastors.  I don't get it.  Oh well, when she sent me the gift card...I gave it away.  guess it works that way as well.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice they would send money...but the dang gift giving has become so meaningless ...and that is not what Christmas is to be about.  If she sends me 50 bucks, and I send Her 50 bucks...we've now cancelled out the meaning behind 'giving' as we've just gotten our money back.

KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

My boss - he's a wonderful man and a great boss - gives me a very nice basket each year from Bath and Body Works - what's he trying to tell me!?!?!?!  LOL!!!!  I know it's his wife that does their buying, and she and I don't know each other.  It's a very nice basket, but I'd actually like to get that gift card momma-t42 was talking about - but to a craft store!!!!! 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM

lap blankets, we have at least 10 in the house, we don't need that many. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Me too, with my allergies most of that stuff glogs me up and makes it hard to breathe. I have to be very carefull with what Ibuy for eveyone in the house because even the scent on somebody else's skin can get to me.

Quoting KittyGram:

My boss - he's a wonderful man and a great boss - gives me a very nice basket each year from Bath and Body Works - what's he trying to tell me!?!?!?!  LOL!!!!  I know it's his wife that does their buying, and she and I don't know each other.  It's a very nice basket, but I'd actually like to get that gift card momma-t42 was talking about - but to a craft store!!!!! 

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Perfumes....I just don't wear them. Sometimes I will spritz on a little body spray, but only sometimes

LeetjieJ
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I realise that my answer puts me on the lunatic side of humankind, but I REALLY do not like getting chocolate!
I don't like the taste & it is a very impersonal gift.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

costume jewelery...I don't wear much jewelery 

campingmomof4
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Mom my buys me big heavy sweaters.  I can't stand them.  I get heat flashes and could never have something like that one. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Doesn't happen for me :)

Join us at 

Time Out for You

Rileyscute
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:22 PM

we also have tons of those..lol

Quoting LadySaphira:

lap blankets, we have at least 10 in the house, we don't need that many. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN