Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you get your kid/s...

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM
  • 19 Replies
For christmas???

My youngest two are easy...they still like toys and stuff. But my oldest is had to buy for...he wants video games, but i want him to have something that will make him grow up a bit...idk...what do you buy your kid/s for christmas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM

This year is a 'needs' kind of Christmas.

We sent our oldest daughter and her husband to a marriage retreat in Texas that was quite expensive...plus gas and hotel.  

Our middle daughter needs new brake pads on her car, so we will pay for that as well as some other small things she needs.

Our youngest daughter has been away at college and her car is in need of new tires, so we plan on paying for those, as well as helping her a bit financially with next semester of school.  (She is paying her own way through school)

As for our grand baby, well she will get spoiled of course.  I have already bought her a little slide for toddlers, and a Veggie Tale cd of songs sung to the name Nora.  Then, to help out my daughter, I will probably splurge on a wardrobe for Nora.  

I also got each of my girls fleece blankets with pictures of Nora on them along with pictures of them on their personal blanket.  They'll be expecting jammies, but I chose this route instead.

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I got my son a video game but he is dying to play it so I will probably give it to him for his birthday and get him something else for Christmas.  I am on a strict budget so I will have to do some careful shopping.

KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM

How old is  your oldest?

Love your avatar, by the way!!!!!  I miss him.  It was horrible. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

My adult kids still provide me with list of wants and/or needs, knowing full well I will only use them as a reference and that they will not get everything on the list and maybe will go way off the list entirely.  For us it will be more of a need type gift this year for them, so am not for sure what that will be for my oldest son and his wife yet. 

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I haven't decided yet..mostly for the youngers..

I know exactly what I am getting my daughter and son in law

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Most everyone in my family is on the amazon wish list.  That has helped communicate everyone's needs and wants.  I purchased some of the big needs items for my oldest daughter since she is just starting out.  My youngest asked for an air purifier and a good vacuum since she has a cat.  Health items are important for her.  Done with the big items.  This is the last year I am doing stockings.  Usually stockings end up to be barrels of miscellaneous items.  It is fun but expensive.  Granddaughter got some items on her wish list - excited about that.  This is the first year we used amazon wish list and it has really helped! 

jpalmer
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM
OMG...i miss opie soooooooo much!!! It sucked HUGE when kurt killed him off...did you watch the final episode???

My oldest is 19 btw...lol

Quoting KittyGram:

How old is  your oldest?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM

No, I haven't seen last night's episode.  But I heard some pretty gory things!!!!  I'm going to try to catch it online tonight.

As for your son, does he have a car?  There was a year that I bought tires for my daughter.  Necessity, man!!!  Does he like to read?  Are there any series he'd like to see on DVD?  Gift card for his favorite restaurant?  New phone?  I-Pad? 

Quoting jpalmer:

OMG...i miss opie soooooooo much!!! It sucked HUGE when kurt killed him off...did you watch the final episode???

My oldest is 19 btw...lol

Quoting KittyGram:

How old is  your oldest?

sunshine97325
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM

We are doing the need thing too. She mentioned a microwave. Got a smaller one for her apartment. She won't buy it herself. A heating blanket that was on sale, she does not like to use her heat. (hates paying the high winter bill) My son is the one and his wife requested no gifts. So, we will be going on a night trip to look at Christmas lights, and  go get our tree's together at a tree farm. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I can still get mine some clothes although their wish list is interesting :)

Join us at 

Time Out for You

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)