Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What do you get your kid/s...

Posted by   + Show Post
For christmas???

My youngest two are easy...they still like toys and stuff. But my oldest is had to buy for...he wants video games, but i want him to have something that will make him grow up a bit...idk...what do you buy your kid/s for christmas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Replies (11-19):
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM

My children get underwear (really! it is a wrapped gift under the tree), pjs, books,  something that they asked for- such as a video game, CD. 

Shellness
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I only have one still at home. The older ones are getting a stocking full of things they like as in perfume, deodorants, body wash, razors, candy, things like that. They love the stockings! Then some clothes. Thats it. 

My 16 yr. old is getting a tablet, shoes, clothes, hair stuff, things like that.

robin7771
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Last year we gave money only and got the you did not buy us gifts for Christmas. So this year we are doing both. So far I bought them Robes, PJ's and jewerly. Cashmere sweaters, jeans. I do the wash and notice what everone needs. Do you do stocking stuffers? Robin

jpalmer
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Yeah...i am doing stocking stuffers (first time this year...lol) , I am completely lost as to what to put in them...I got them as a kid but we got jams and jellies in them...i don't think the kids will appreciate that...lol!!!

Quoting robin7771:

Last year we gave money only and got the you did not buy us gifts for Christmas. So this year we are doing both. So far I bought them Robes, PJ's and jewerly. Cashmere sweaters, jeans. I do the wash and notice what everone needs. Do you do stocking stuffers? Robin

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Quoting jpalmer:

Yeah...i am doing stocking stuffers (first time this year...lol) , I am completely lost as to what to put in them...I got them as a kid but we got jams and jellies in them...i don't think the kids will appreciate that...lol!!!

Quoting robin7771:

I put movie passes in each stocking every year....my kids know to expect that since we all go to the movies on Christmas day.  Then it's usually a video of somesort that I know that child will like.  I could spend a fortune on stocking stuffers...especially since I bought new stocking last year and they are way bigger than the ones we had in years past. lol

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I usualy go with PJs and a movie with my girls, Roo gets whatever clothing item he needs most and a toy, Michael usualy gets a gift card and a shirt. 

This year the girls are getting a package of socks, and Roo is getting a set of 3 knock off brand Lego robots. I haven't gotten Michael anything yet but whatever it is will cost around $10 (my limit for this years budget). I know the Rehab center that serves Roo will probably get him a new coat and boots, they called and asked for his sizes. We will not be doing stockings this year but I like to put things like hair ties, CDs, and stuff in them for the girls and matchbox cars and army men in Roo's.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM

10 y/o,toys and a new Nintendo DS 3D with some games

16 y/o a new phone, Ole Miss boots that is all he asked for.  

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM

This year, because the three of us are going  to Mexico for Christmas, the trip is our present.   When we go down there, I take along three dollar store stockings, and we bring a few small items, or pick up little things in Zihuatanejo to put in them.  None of us needs anything, so it is just about the experience. 

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Joey got a G-shock watch, since he was leaving for basic he needed one that would survive. He also got a set of luggage. A movie and cd.

Jesse got a tv, wireless for his XBOX and a set of headphones.

Everything was on sale and I spend the same amount on each.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)