Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

The best gift I've ever received is.....

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM
  • 15 Replies

Dosent have to be material things. But then again it can be if that was the best gift you have ever received.

girl giving flower                     

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I have had so many lovely surprises over the years - very hard to pick one.  My husband gave a strand of pearls and a gold necklace - loved that!  My daughter (in her 20's) handmade lovely cards for me for several years.  Those are on my fire escape list and I have them displayed in an open frame.  My sister bought me a set of old fireking one year and a DVD of all our childhood pictures.  My father and mother gave me some very precious things over the years.  Brings back special memories of the giver....

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

my kids - non material

a Dark Tower game when I was about 10

Rileyscute
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

weirdly..my sons autism

my kids in general, of course

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM

life

PestPatti
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this

The best gift I have ever recieved is when my son came back from Iraq on Mothers Day 2006.   

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM
The best gift I've ever gotten was when my dad passed away they did a 21 gun salute as he was a retired Navy chief... While they were playing 'taps' the officer went to present my older brother (a retired Navy commander) with the flag, which is custom for the handing down... And, my brother moved aside gesturing them to present it to me. (I am the only girl and youngest of four older brothers). For once in my entire life, I felt special that all my brothers would want me to have my dads flag that was on honor of him... That same brother had a flag holder made with my fathers military rank engraved on the glass. It is very Very special to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rblonde1
by Anna on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM

My kids are definitely my greatest gifts as they are absolutely imperfectly perfect.  I also have to say that the other best gift I ever got was meeting my husband.  I met him through a chat site in November of 1999, and we met face to face for the first time that December.  The reason I consider him my best gift is he helped me heal from a very nasty divorce with a lot of patience and understanding.  He also helped get past my negative feelings of my birthday which falls in December as well as Christmas.  I thank God every day I met him.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Shannon.  She was supposed to e here December 25 but she decided she didn't want to get shortchanged on the presents so she waited until January 21st when I could take part in all the January clearances LOL

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:24 AM

My granddaughter who missed my birthday by 2 and a half hours.  Then the rest of my family.

Nanamom127
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM

... My husband. Without question. 

For material things, , when my younger daughter was in college, she made me a little wooden box wth a cat face, Mom, and hearts on it. I treasure it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)