Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I learned the power of giving when......

Posted by   + Show Post

When did you learn the power of giving?  It dosent have to be material things.

Was it when someone gave  or did something for someone that really lifted you up and inspired you or when you gave and in turn encouraged someone?

gift     

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Replies (11-17):
lisamarie1265
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Quoting LadySaphira:

When my son Michael was 5 months old. He had an ear infection and I did not have enough money for his antibiotic when I went to pick it up. The pharmacist pulled out his wallet and paid for it himself.

This is so touching, you brought tears to my eyes, what a special person to be so kind, our children are gods gifts and this gentleman realized how important it was for your baby to have that medication... Very sweet story thank you...bless 

lisamarie1265
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mariagma3:

When my grandson was 2, my daughter and SIL needed someone to help out with babysittting. So, I went out to San Diego for like 10 days. It was a rough time, my daughter and I weren't getting along that well. I had never met Justin, he was leery of me, never met me, and here was this person here to take care of him. This isn't about a gift or anything. But, that is when I learned about patience and giving. I love that lil guy! He's now 6!  Justin

What a great story and what a sweet little guy, just adorable .you must be very proud, bless you and your family.. 

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM

I can't answer this because I don't know when it started. My husband says if he didn't rein me in, I'd give everything we have away. I don't care about material things too much and am happy with what I have been blessed by God to get, (thank you Lord for my pretty car and new couch!), BUT I find great joy in the act of giving. 

I have learned to see that sometimes I get used and have gotten better about that but I still love to give to others.

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:46 AM

One time at Christmas time when my children were little a wonderful gift was given to ME> The ladies at church secretly took up an offering. They knew that my husband had been injured (he crushed his shoulder and could not work) and times were tough. About a week before Christmas, after our Christmas concert, they came up to me and handed me a card with $600 in it. Imagine what that gift did for our family that christmas! 

We've since moved back to Florida and I had to leave that Church, a big part of my family. I still mourn for them. I can't wait to move back to Louisiana.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM

When I taught senior classes.  It helped with their quality of life.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I bet you cried, what a touching story.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

I was raised to help others and it has always been my nature. But the year my youngest son was born, it was very difficult financially, we had no jobs, no car, no phone, our car had been repossessed and I had the baby 7 weeks early. No food and the holidays hit, a lady from church hear and came with a truck load, literally, to our home with food and gifts for us all. It really touched me in more ways than one and something I will never forget.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM

OMG what an act of kindness.  You must of been so thankful, babies ear aches are the worst!!

Quoting LadySaphira:

When my son Michael was 5 months old. He had an ear infection and I did not have enough money for his antibiotic when I went to pick it up. The pharmacist pulled out his wallet and paid for it himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)