Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for December 6th

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM
  • 21 Replies

When you go to a family member/good friend's house for dinner, do you bring something with you (bottle of wine, dessert, ect.)?

If so, what do you bring?

Is it just "good etiquette" to bring something when you invited to dinner?

~~CINDY

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Sometimes depends on who it is..IL yes, some friends yes others no 

Ellen

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I do if it is a special occasion for family,  and for friends always. But sometimes Mom calls and says there's plenty in the oven if you want to come for dinner, and if I haven't cooked anything yet we just go over. If I have cooked something, then I'll bring that along.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:41 PM

For family occassions like birthdays and the Holiday get togethers we all usually pitch in and bring something. Usually if its at my house we do the main courseand one or two sides and desert and others bring the sides and whatever they wish to drink,wine,beer,ect. If I'm going to their home I always ask what they would like me to bring. When we go to friends for dinner its usually the same too. Or we grab a nice bottle of wine or during the summer its usually cook outs so we get beer,tea,ect.

But I usually like to take my deviled eggs,baked beans or hashbrown casserole.And if its desert I make my double fudge cake or some sort of pie.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Yes we always bring something,
Usually an appetizer type unless we are told to being something specific :)

Join us at 

Time Out for You

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM

It really just depends on what the situation is.  If I'm asked to come to a gathering where everyone is bringing something then yes but if I'm invited to a dinner usually no.  A lot of times, well really all the time I say what can I bring.....I may bring a cherry cheese pie or deviled eggs or mexican dip or home made pimento cheese....just depends

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM

If it's a friend, yes I will take something along.  But, a best friend or family?, unless requested or part of the dinner...no

gmadiane
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM

sometimes, it depends

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Most of the time I take something, but occasionally if it is family casual, I don't.  What I take depends on the occasion.  Sometimes a bottle of wine, sometimes flowers and sometimes a food item (usually an appetizer or dessert item).

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM

We never go to diner anywhere, we are hoebodies but I would at least offer to bring something.

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

It is good manners to bring something, I always ask if I can and even if they say no, I will take some sort of gift/food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)