Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Lost my job this morning

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 39 Replies

Lost my job this morning. My boss said I was not a "good fit". Merry Christmas to us. (That was sarcasm by the way) Now we have no medical insurance and no income. I am going to have to come up with something to be able to pay our bills and pay for medical insurance for our son and 2 granddaughters. Any ideas?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Unemployment til you can get a job?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Bummer.  I have no other suggestions than unemployment and hitting the pavement looking for something else.  Hugs to you and hope you find something else to do soon.  What is it they say, no door closes without another (and hopefully better) one opens.

gmadiane
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I'm so sorry, good luck to you

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Major big bummer! Was it a good fit? Apply right now for unemployment and start looking. No matter what, keep a positive attitude that something better IS going to come along. You can get through this.

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Aside from unemployment you could try the government.  You don't get much but the insurance is good.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Oh no, I'm sorry :(  Have you worked there long enough to get un-employment?   (((hugs)))

militlady
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I called unemployment this morning and they said I have to wait until 21st to apply. (I am on paid admin leave) until the 20th. It was a state job cooking for a juvenile facility so I had really good benefits. At least that gives me an extra 2 weeks of pay. I was thinking maybe opening a day care.  At least I don't have to work on Christmas Day. Now I get to spend it with my family. at least that is one positive thing. Glad I was done shopping for Christmas.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM

That stinks..Hope you can find something else soon!

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I am so sorry.  The stores always need extra help for the Christmas season, so maybe you could do that for the next few weeks at least.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:11 PM

So sorry to hear this,
Hugs to you!
Good luck & let us know how it goes ;)

Join us at 

Time Out for You

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)