Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

A couple of positives during an insane week

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:04 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

so this week the WB has been on a rampage.  I thought things would calm down after that fundraiser but I was mistaken.  she has been in a foul mood all week. 

I ordered a Smart phone last week - finally going to join the Smart phone crowd! Found it thru Amazon for only $29.99 (compared to $99 at Verizon store or Radioshack/$49 online thru Verizon) but it is backordered and won't be available until mid-January.  Oh well.  i've had a stupid phone all these years and figured waiting until January wasn't gonna kill me.  But I got an email from Amazon yesterday - they shipped the phone!  yay!  UPS estimates delivery to be Monday. 

THEN Johnny sent me an email - HE GOT THE JOB!  WHOOP WHOOP!   Oh I am SO excited for him (and me!).  I always knew in the back of my mind the chances of him being offered a full-time job were pretty good but now that he has been offered it, I am ecstatic! 

Yesterday afternoon, the HB and I were in the breakroom at the office and he gave me an assignment - to draft a press release about our Clinic and our one-year anniversary  Then the WB walked in, complaining of her shoulders aching and he started to give her a shoulder massage.  As I was leaving the office last night, she was in her office and I could tell her shoulders were really bothering her.  I mentioned to her I should make her a heat pad.  And so I did.  After work, I went to Target and bought some gray and black striped knee socks and a big bag of rice.  Then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some lavender oil (and peppermint and jasmine and gardenia for me!).  Came home, put in 12 drops of the lavender with the rice and filled the knee socks with the scented rice.  Instead of waiting for Christmas (remember, I drew her name for Secret  Santa), I'm going to put those on her desk this morning when I get to the office. 

And to top it all off, today is FRIDAY!  Woo hoo!! 

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I'm glad you are able to have those happy moments. You are VERY good to a boss that is in fact a pain in the butt!

gmadiane
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM

stupid phone, lol, glad your getting the new one sooner, I make the rice sock too but never used lavender, what a great idea! glad to hear about the new job, looks like things are going well

rosebud727
by Rose on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I love Amazon. They give you a worst case ship date but almost always ship earlier.

Your very sweet to your awful boss. My girlfriend and I were talking the other day, she was telling me about her boss. It reminded me so much about yours. Tracks time to the tee with software time trackers, she reads all of their incoming email and rants all the time.

My friend said the staff is really an awesome staff but the boss is just bonkers and drives everyone nuts. Needless to say, she's looking around for something else. 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM

It's always good to look for positives, especially in this day and age. Glad to hear that you have had a pretty good week, hope it continues for you!

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Good for you.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:55 AM

All good stuff though,
LOL on your stupod phone <g>
Am sure you'll love the *smart* one <wink>
Congrats to ds on the job.
Hoping you can relax a bit this weekend :)

caro100
by Carol on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM

sounds great, that was very nice of you.  I joined the smart phone crowd but not having much luck.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I'm glad you are getting your phone and I'm SO happy he got the job!!  Woo Hoo!!!!!

Now....what you did was so sweet!!!!  I hope she'll appreciate it.  Be sure to let us know.  I love gardenia and jasmine.  I could sit and smell them both all day long!  lol 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM

My hubby got a smart phone last Spring when we got new phones - I opted to get a not so smart phone.  I think he will enjoy the phone more when he learns how to use all the features - at the present time the phone is apparently smarter than he is.   I hope the heat pad you made your boss eases her shoulder pain and makes her a bit more bearable.  What a nice thing for you to do.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Congratulations on your new phone :)   I don't think I'm "smart" enough for a smart phone ;)   

That is REALLY sweet of you to make the heat pad!

Oh, and congratulations to your son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)