Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Dawn............... *** MORE PICS ADDED!! ***

Posted by   + Show Post

Riley and I are making those ornaments today.  Here is a pic of her sewing one of the first 2, and a pic of her holding the first two.  We have 6 more of these to make yet, and we're going to make 8 of another design (maybe mittens or snowmen).  She also wants to paint pics for her brother and sister today - wish us luck getting all of this done!!!!

We made 9 total, but didn't get pics of all before she wrapped them.  Here are a few.   I ended up doing most of the sewing on the last 7 just to get them done yesterday!!

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JenniferW67:

She knows how to sew? That's so cool! She did a great job too!

Her big sister (Ramona) started sewing just weeks after her 6th birthday.  Ramona is a very good listener, and her mom and I decided that she was ready.  Ever since that day, Riley (then not quite 4) started asking, "When do I get to learn how to sew?"  Riley, however, isn't always a good listener like Ramona is, and from when she was about 5 1/2, we started telling her that she wouldn't be able to start sewing until she started listening to us the first time (about anything and everything).  This past summer (at 6 1/2), she was doing very well listening (not that it's continued all the time!!!), so her mom and I decided it was time. 

The kid is a natural!!!  And she does listen while at the machine, because she knows she doesn't get a second chance.  I'm dead serious about that.  I don't want emergency room visits, and she knows it!!!!  If I ever have to take her to the ER because of sewing, that's the end of it!!!

KittyGram
by Becky on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Quoting Shellness:

Nice you get to do that with her. Some of my favorite ornaments are where I took pretty Christmas fabric and made fluffy little pillows in circles, squares and hearts, edged in lace. 

Are those felt?

The trees and the outer part are felt, the prints are cotton quilting fabric.   

We've been looking at other felt ornament pics online, but these seemed to be a great place to start. 

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

They are so nice! Good job, Riley!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM

These look fabulous :)

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Those are really cute.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I'm so impressed. Love it! These are going to be great memories for her.

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting JenniferW67:

She knows how to sew? That's so cool! She did a great job too!

Her big sister (Ramona) started sewing just weeks after her 6th birthday.  Ramona is a very good listener, and her mom and I decided that she was ready.  Ever since that day, Riley (then not quite 4) started asking, "When do I get to learn how to sew?"  Riley, however, isn't always a good listener like Ramona is, and from when she was about 5 1/2, we started telling her that she wouldn't be able to start sewing until she started listening to us the first time (about anything and everything).  This past summer (at 6 1/2), she was doing very well listening (not that it's continued all the time!!!), so her mom and I decided it was time. 

The kid is a natural!!!  And she does listen while at the machine, because she knows she doesn't get a second chance.  I'm dead serious about that.  I don't want emergency room visits, and she knows it!!!!  If I ever have to take her to the ER because of sewing, that's the end of it!!!

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Becky you guys did a great job! See I told you no tutorial was needed :)

Thanks for sharing!!!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Those are lovely, traditional and homespun looking.  What treasures to keep for the tree forever. 

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Those sure are cute! It's great when they help!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Great job!!!   :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)