Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you buying your husband/SO for Christmas?

Posted by   + Show Post

I guess I'm getting mine a cordless impact gun. 

That man has more tools than Carter has peanuts. Is that how the saying goes, lol? 

He has an impact gun but its not CORDLESS. He has 2 or 3 of every tool. He says if one breaks he has another and that's what keeps a roof over our head, but really, he's addicted to tools :)

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Replies (41-49):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM

After looking at my response probably the best term is refurbishing since you are using the bow for the same purpose!!  LOL  I know it will be a Christmas he will always remember!!

Quoting Esmrlda:

I love that word re purposing. 

I will and I have a feeling he's going to get choked up. 

Quoting Maddie24:

Well - you have every right to be excited...your gift is very special.  Keep us posted on his reaction when he receives it. I love the thought of re-purposing our parents and grandparents belongings. 

Quoting Esmrlda:

Im really excited. Since if was his fathers bow it has alot of sentimental value to him since his dad passed away when he was 15.  We have talked on several occasions about getting it up to par and doing archery.  It will all be ready for pick up this Friday!!!

Quoting Maddie24:

That is an absolutely awesome Christmas surprise for your DH!!   Very thoughtful!!!

Quoting Esmrlda:

He says he wants clothes so I got him two pairs of jeans and one pair of black khakis cause he says he never has anything nice to wear when we go out. Four polo shirts, sock and underwear.  But the big present is a total surprise!  I am getting his fathers Bow restrung and getting him the whole kit n caboodle, bows, glove, bow holders, and a free lesson.  Were on an acre so we can set up targets. I am really excited. I would like to get my own set too.

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

My husband is a big history buff too. He would love that. Its so nice that you took the time to find him something so special.

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Larry is a big history buff especially the Civil War and the history of the west.So I was lucky enough to find a real nice first release stamp and history about the Battle of Wilsons Creek,which is only about 5 miles from where we live.And I bought him some books on the civil war that he had hinted around about. And two or three differnt blue ray movies and some music CD's. And then I'm going to pick him up some jeans and cologne. And some stocking stuffers of his favorite munchies. And I was looking at a 32" flat screen for our bedroom but am still deciding on that oneor not.

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I was thinking of this too. My husband has a huge smoker that he can pull behind his truck but not a gas grill, and his charcol one has a hole in it. Hmmmm! And we benefit from that gift, lol.

Quoting batmansgirl:

A new grill. He BBQ's all year through sun, rain, sleet, and snow.

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:34 AM

That is a good gift, the bow! 

Quoting Esmrlda:

He says he wants clothes so I got him two pairs of jeans and one pair of black khakis cause he says he never has anything nice to wear when we go out. Four polo shirts, sock and underwear.  But the big present is a total surprise!  I am getting his fathers Bow restrung and getting him the whole kit n caboodle, bows, glove, bow holders, and a free lesson.  Were on an acre so we can set up targets. I am really excited. I would like to get my own set too.

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Sounds lovely the things you got him though :)

Quoting kam013:

Signed DH up for the state Gun Safety (licensing) course with DS.  He has been talking about doing it for ages and never gets around to it. So I picked a class and signed them up.

Picked him up a couple of dress shirts and slacks for work.

Looking for some new fun games because we just started Friday game night with our friends.

Picked up some of the new release movies that we have been wanting to see.  

Keeping it simple this year, most of our focus has been on our GS.  

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I'm going to check it out, thanks :)

Quoting Dontchawishuknu:

I got a great deal through Google Offers...a year for $18 through www.dangerousguitar.com

I'm gonna have to give it to him early, though.  He has to register by December 20th or the offer expires.  It's a bummer, but I didn't want to take the chance that I didn't get in on that offer. LOL....

Quoting Shellness:

My gosh I'm an idiot!!! I never thought of online guitar lessons. That would be perfect for Jamie Ann!

Quoting Dontchawishuknu:

Sons of Anarchy on DVD - season 4....

Online guitar lessons for a year....

Sherpa lined fleece jacket that actually fits him, so he will stop stealing mine....

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Men always love a tv. Its a great gift.

Quoting momma-t42:

My husband is getting a flat panel tv to go in our new campers bedroom. Kind of a lame gift, but he had the bracket installed so I want to get him that along with other camping items in preparation for our first spring time camping getaway. The joy of being empty nesters. :-)

Shellness
by Michell on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Sounds like great guy gifts to me!

Quoting Maddie24:

I got him a telescope and a fishing reel.   

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

No idea. Almost gaurenteed it will say "Raiders" on it somewhere tho.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)