Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

ARGH...I HATE THE DRAMA...

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:43 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

All I wanted this weekend was some peace and quiet to enable me to get what I needed to do done. So today I have had my son and his girlfriend here all day fighting, complete with the slamming of doors, texting, phone calls (including one from her asking me to get involved), and all the drama you can imagine. Now my son lives at home and I understand that fighting is part of every relationship but why oh why do they have to fight here? I have enough that I'm stressing about without adding their issues. Right now they are sitting in her car in our driveway talking and I can only hope they either settle whatever the hell is the problem or if they must continue to fight, that they do so in her car!

Well it would seem they are done fighting although I'm not sure they've settled everything, I haven't had a chance to talk to my son. He seemed rather cranky when he came in and went to bed since he starts his shift early in the morning.

Final thoughts - Thank you all for reading my post and for taking the time to reply, I really do appreciate it. I do want to say that while I didn't particularly want to have to deal with their fighting and the drama, I think that it is important sometimes for people to deal with the negative feelings in a relationship, whether romantic or any other kind. They have been dating now for awhile, not quite a year, and so I feel as though this is basically healthy if they are to continue to date. It just wasn't very, well let's say convenient, from my prospective. My son and I talked and he told me that they are still working on the issue, whatever it is, so I think that part is good.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Phreska
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I'd opt out of the drama and tell them to take their fighting elsewhere.  They'll probably get sick of having to leave, not having an audience, and hopefully will respect the house rules.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Wow - it has been a long day for you.  Maybe a rule that they have to take fights out of the house from here on out may help solve the problem.  I hated the drama with the kids - especially late at night.....Quick Lock your Doors!

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Oh no!  How provoking. They should take it outside.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Aww that's too bad & sorry about that,
Hopefully they either made up or finished it in the car :)

Join us at
 Time Out for You

jules8289
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep. House rule should be no fighting. Take it on the road. I just turned 50 and decided this is now DH and my house, our rules and now our time. We only had 2 kids but they were 7 years apart. Thats 25? years of messing around with kids, school and all that goes with it. We are done and now it's OUR time for a change. No fighting at home. Respect your parents home and their wishes is my motto.

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Personally, my house, my rules. NO fighting allowed, no slamming doors or yelling. You want to do that, go somewhere else and NOT in the yard for the neighbors to hear. Talk like adults or shut up. That's what I would tell them.

My sons gf tried that one day, I set her straight right away. She would NOT yell at my son in my house. I don't do it, she won't either. Her attitude changed real quick.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:14 PM

That kind of fighting was not appropriate in your house.

gmadiane
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I hope all the drama is done for your sake

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I'd tel them to go home and come back when they can act like civilised adults.

CoeyG
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:13 PM

All I can say is if they were in my home fighting and slamming doors they wouldn't be in my home for very long.  As soon as it started I would heave them out the door.  And if my child's SO txted me to get involved  it would not make it because I delete all texts unopened.  If she called to whine I'd tell her to grow the hell up and to take care of  her own problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)