Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Good stocking stuffers?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM
  • 25 Replies

What do y'all normally do for this?

I always just do candy or money and wanted to do something new this year.  Any ideas?

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamma429
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Stumbled on this site and I got a few good ideas.

I got the Holy Cow Towel for my two daugters hwhich I read is really popular. I also got the utili-key for my husband.

www.stocking-stuffer-ideas.com
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I usualy just toss on a few small things like bottles of nail polish, matchbox, cars, candy kisses, colored pencils or funky pens.

rosebud727
by Rose on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I have two girls, I get them earrings, tights, a little bit of candy, bamboo towels, soaps, and socks.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I keep saying that I am not doing stockings for my adult daughters - but they really really enjoy it.  I have gotten either containers or large tote bags for their stockings the last few years.  That lets me put one of their larger gifts in the tote as a stocking item.  I usually get them fun kitchen items, makeup, lotion, jewelry and other small stuff to go in the tote as well.   My DGD will get a stocking with legos, Skipper, an angry bird and other items that will actually fit in her stocking.  They enoy the stockings as much as anything!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:05 PM

What about a Christmas ornament that is an initial?  Kohl's has some in glass, very inexpensive, and I have seen them in other places/different materials.  

jules8289
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:53 AM

Among all the little things everyone always gets a new toothbrush in their stocking. For teens and older I always hit those dollar bins or a dollar tree store for small goodies. Candy, money jewlery. Sometimes I hide more upscale smalls in the tree.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I do cheesy little things.

A pair of socks always go in the toe of the stocking, lip balm, Silly Putty (yes, even my 19 year old gets this), hair ties and makeup for my DD, puzzle games, pencils, pens, anything I find that is cute for under $5.

MomTiara19
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:48 AM

I-Tune gift Cards,Star-bucks gift card,polishes,fuzzy socks,mittens,colognes

teaching1972
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:10 AM

As I was preparing a recipe at Thanksgiving, all my kids commented on the amazing smell of the vanilla that I was using. It is a local brand that wasn't being produced any more but has been started again.  My mother and grandmother even wrote recipes using the measurement  of so many caps of this vanilla instead of regular measurements.  Each family will get a bottle of this vanilla this year along with a special recipe plus candy and small items. Last year each family got a Cardinal bottle opener as the bigger item.

Rileyscute
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
We bought wine keys(for the adults), emery boards, candy, little eyeshadow kits, manicure set, ear buds (my kids constantly lose them), socks, probably tooth brushes, miniature perfume for the girls....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN