Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for December 10th

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:15 AM
  • 20 Replies

Do you do Christmas baking? What do you bake?

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Yes.  It depends actually.  I make an orange slice cake and a pound cake that's to die for.  They both are actually.  I also make butter toffee cookies.  They never last long around here.  I make some other stuff too but it just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. 

passionatebren
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I do a ton of bakingand by this time actually have most of it done. I am waiting this year until we bring my daughter back home for break. I make fudge toffee spritz cookies peanutbutter balls rum balls candy cane cookies sugar cookies ritz peanutbutter sandwiches dipped in chocolate and ginger bread men. whew I am tired now from all that lol

nana9106
by Darlene on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I love to bake! I make cookies and candies

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM

LOTS of it. Bread, cakes, cookies, candy, bars, dip pretzels and make home made hot cocoa.

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:16 AM

An orange slice cake, as in the candy orange slices? I'm intrigued! Do tell :) PLEASE

Quoting louannwilkins:

Yes.  It depends actually.  I make an orange slice cake and a pound cake that's to die for.  They both are actually.  I also make butter toffee cookies.  They never last long around here.  I make some other stuff too but it just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. 

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Usually I bake cookies, and my great grandmother Geman Crumb cake, I also usually bake dog treats(all natural) and give them out to ppl we know that have dogs! 

This year, unless I buy the dough no baked goods, my R.A. is really acting up it, bad in my hands, wrists and feet. :(

This was last yr,Top pic is my younger daughter and my 2yr old grand daughter(her neice) starting cookies,then this pic is my grand daughter leaning that the sprinkles taste better in her mouth than on the cookies! LOL

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I am knee deep in baking this time of the year - dozens and dozens of various cookies, cheesecakes, breads, pies and cakes.  I love baking.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I should of started already but I have been doing a lot of procastinating lately. So now it will be a rush rush job getting it all done. 

I make my great grandmothers sweet cakes and decorate those,peanutbutter,chocolate chip,snickerdoodles and buckeyes,chocolate covered pretzles. And I need to make my banana nut bread for my daughter and some of our friends. Then my husband has requested my german chocolate cake I make up from scratch. So yep, I need to get busy.lol

louannwilkins
by Louann on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Yes you use the candy in it.  It's delicious!!

Quoting homeskoolmama:

An orange slice cake, as in the candy orange slices? I'm intrigued! Do tell :) PLEASE

Quoting louannwilkins:

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Yhe boys and I do. We bake cookies and pies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)