Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Christmas for you

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 27 Replies

Do you buy things for yourself?  Or, do you leave it up to others to find the perfect gift?  

I usually get one or two things I'd like that I know no one else will think of.  Here is one of them.

I had this made to go in the 'grandbaby room' in our house.  It's 16x20 canvas of my daughter, taken when Nora was 4 days old.  I had given her the matching momma n baby nighties specifically to have an angelic photo taken..like this.

I'll wrap it up to open on Christmas, but won't let my family see it until then.

Do you ever purchase a thing or two for yourself?

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM

thats a beautiful photo, I never buy for myself but its a good idea

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I never buy myself anything for Christmas and very rarely buy myself anything at any other time. This past year I did purchase a kindle fire out of our tax return after paying bils and buying our van. Even that purchase took several hours of convincing from the hubby before I did it.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Quoting LadySaphira:

I never buy myself anything for Christmas and very rarely buy myself anything at any other time. This past year I did purchase a kindle fire out of our tax return after paying bils and buying our van. Even that purchase took several hours of convincing from the hubby before I did it.

Do you like your kindle?  I hear people who have them love them.  My husband has tried and tried to push the ipad on me as a gift idea.  I have no desire for one of those even though he has one and loves it.  

I was excited to hear when you got the van!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Quoting gmadiane:

thats a beautiful photo, I never buy for myself but its a good idea

I ordered it from Shutterfly.  It's my new favorite place to make personal items such as this canvas.  It's just a couple items I know I'd like, but doubt anyone else would guess that specific taste in an item.

Shellness
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM

No unless its new Christmas stuff!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I love my kindle! Unfortunatly most ofthe free books are love stories, which I am not really into but read when I have nothingelse to read. I also use it to play words with friends, dice buddies and office zombie. Roo has some free apps on it he likes to play too.

Quoting momma-t42:

Quoting LadySaphira:

Do you like your kindle?  I hear people who have them love them.  My husband has tried and tried to push the ipad on me as a gift idea.  I have no desire for one of those even though he has one and loves it.  

I was excited to hear when you got the van!

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Quoting Shellness:

No unless its new Christmas stuff!

HA!!!  Christmas AFTER Christmas makes for GREAT setting up during next Christmas :)

kam013
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:23 PM

One Christmas I suggested to my husband that we set a dollar limit and we each buy what we wanted for ourselves.  It was amusing because I had twice the number of gifts then he had as I am a much frugal shopper.  It was one of the best Christmas's.  

It's not that I don't like the things he gives me, I almost always love the gifts he gives, but he refuses to buy me practical gifts, items for the kitchen, things like that and those are some of my favorite types of gifts.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM

My dh is clueless so I usually just tell him what to buy me ;)  Lately though my college age dd has bought me some awesome gifts.  I think she is really enjoying having money and being able to buy stuff for people.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM

It always seems like when I'm out shopping for other people that is when I see something I'd really like to have. Just this weekend I was doing some Christmas shopping for the hubby and grand kids at a big local flea market and I saw these beautiful Lenox china unicorns,like these:,,they're beautiful! And I collect Painted Ponies and any type of hirse,unicorn or pegasus statues. I'm a horse nut!  And they were really cheap,evidently whoever has them do not know what they are worth.  I stood there and had to talk myself out of buying all of them(there was 5). lol  But I did make sure I wrote down the booth number and exactly where they're at and gave it to my husband. And I'm hoping and praying they are still there when he goes shopping this weekend.

And yep,I've been known to buy me something from,Santa!  Larry always tells me if ya see something you want go ahead and buy it!  But I'm the one who keeps track of the money so it takes alot for me to spend on myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)