Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Come on,Confess!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
  • 32 Replies

Did you try to find your Christmas presents before Christmas when you were little,or peek at the ones already under the tree before Santa came?

I did! lol  We had family that lived far away and some that were stationed over seas that would send packages at Christmas. And my Mom would try to hide them from us four kids. If we were lucky it was in the house and we didn't have to look to hard.  But we had several storage sheds and root cellar also. And she started hiding them in the sheds.

And we would try to undo the tape on the ones under the trees if she put some under early. I truly didn't like knowing before hand because it ruined the suprise on Christmas morning. But ya know what they say curiosity killed the cat.lol  Especially when you're a kid,its soooo hard not to peek.

Oh heck,I still try to find the ones my husband buys me. But he found me out and keeps them at his Moms house until Christmas Eve night.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Of course I searched and peeked (if I could) when I was young and tried to stay awake until after Santa was there because he never wrapped what he brought.  Riding the new bike at 2:00 AM was big fun.  As an adult I plead guilty to listening to what is being said by hubby when he is talking to one of our kids on the phone this time of the year.  Usually don't glean much info though.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

There were five of us so we would spread out. 

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Yes!  Absolutely.  I was the worst one of the kids.  That was the beginning of learning how to wrap presents!!  I will admit that I am still peeking - but electronically.  We all put our list on Amazon.  If you try to delete an item on your list - it will inquire if you want to know if it has already been purchased for you.  Well - now I know hwat I am getting for Christmas - I am sooo excited!!!  Still a kid at heart!  

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I honestly never peekd or looked! Believe me, I had plenty of chances! I just never did. Didn't want to ruin my own or other's surprises!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I wasn't allowed to have "Christmas" when I was growing up :o(  Mom and Dad became born-again Christians when I was 5 and Santa and the tree and Rudolph and presents were "the devil's work."  I got married at 19 to get out from under their roof and Jess was born when I was 21.  I went the complete OPPOSITE direction with her!  Had christmas stockings, a tree, decorations and presents presents presents!!!!  I think she was 5 years old before I realized she didn't know the "true" meaning of Christmas.  When Johnny came along (10 yrs after Jess) that just intensified things!  lol.  it took Santa a LONG time when he got to our house, there were so many presents! 

I'll have to ask my kids if they ever peeked though.  As they grew older and had doubts about Santa, I had to explain to them how that really worked.  "Santa just drops off the presents here; I still have to wrap them - THAT'S why the same paper is used/it's my handwriting on the tags"  "Santa makes me PAY for your presents but he still brings them"  but my favorite "IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO BELIEVE IN SANTA, HE WON'T BRING YOU PRESENTS"  I told them.  lol.  And I reminded them I was not allowed to believe in Santa when I was a little girl and he never brought me any presents.   hey.  that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  I will NEVER EVER CONFESS, TO MY DYING DAY,  that there "is no Santa".  lol.  (of course my kids think I'm NUTS) 

Oh, and my parents chilled out - A LOT - once they had grandkids!  Seems they forgot all about the "no tree, no presents" rule.  LOL.  They still deny Santa but they sure spoil my kids with Christmas presents!  

wreath

homeskoolmama
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:09 PM

woooo lawd NO my momma would have whooped my butt!

CoeyG
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM

My mom always put them under the tree as they were wrapped.  We were told they were just the boxes until Santa filled them Christmas eve.  Those were some might heavy boxes LOL.  Shannon found the ones at her grandparent's when she was five.  We would go up the weekend of the 15th for ex mil's birthday and ex would take the majority of presents up at that timeWhen Shannon was five she went on a "hunt" and found them all LOL. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I did a couple of times but my mom was really good at higing them.

lisamarie1265
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM

All of our gifts were kept at my grandparents house right up until christmas eve, we always had big gatherings there on Christmas eve, we would go to mass as my dad, my uncle and my grandpa were ushers, then we would gather at my grandparents house with family for the evening ... While us kids were distracted dad would load the trunk, unless it was something big like the year we all got new bikes, those were hidden in my parents room .. So no we never had a chance to peek HOWEVER, the year I was 6yrs old a package came to the house... My mother opened it and showed the boys but not me they said it was something for daddy... I was the baby, admittedly I was a bit spoiled and so I proceeded to throw a fit I cried and cried ... My mom finally gave in and she said I will give you a peek but little missy (my name when mom was serious) you had BETTER be surprised on Xmas morning, she barely opened the box to reveal the beautiful face of Winnie the Pooh.. I was thrilled I ran off to bed and prayed that the next 3 days would fly by, on Christmas morning it was the most beautiful sight a 24 inch stuffed Pooh Bear sat among my gifts, not from Santa but from Daddy.. I cried and cried, he was so golden with his red shirt and big smile..I was in love..I still have that pooh bear, he's seen better days, he's been sewn and he's kinda dirty but he's mine, he is at my parents home for safe keeping... My mom always tells that story at Christmas .. We laugh but to this day daddy does NOT know I knew about him.  After that I never asked to see another package, .... 

hugss
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Honestly no but we didn't celebrate Christmas :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)